What's new

Hayward in big games

Probably because he doesn't get to handle the ball as much (and when he does he's mostly attacking from the wing rather than in the middle of the floor), doesn't get the same transition opportunities, and doesn't have the lanes and floor spacing because he's utilized more as a spot-up shooter w/Al and Sap on the blocks or with Mo handling the ball looking to make plays/shoot.
But yeah, when Hayward missed that final shot against Duke - I knew he wasn't clutch then. What a choke job that was.

Wasn't that like a half court shot...

Probably because he doesn't get to handle the ball as much (and when he does he's mostly attacking from the wing rather than in the middle of the floor), doesn't get the same transition opportunities, and doesn't have the lanes and floor spacing because he's utilized more as a spot-up shooter w/Al and Sap on the blocks or with Mo handling the ball looking to make plays/shoot.
But yeah, when Hayward missed that final shot against Duke - I knew he wasn't clutch then. What a choke job that was.

hahaha, does anyone remember a game against the clippers (i think?) earlier this year when their commentators were talking about that shot and criticisimg him being like, "it was a half court shot, but it was a good look"

I think Hayward could probably be the player that should be least-criticized this season, followed closely by Kanter (his shots still get blocked too much).

Lately, when the Jazz had a big must-win game Hayward was nowhere to be seen on offense.

2011/12 playoffs

I game - 33% FG, 17 points
II game - 30%, 8 points
III game - 10%, 4 points
IV game - 0%, 0 points

2012/13 season

4/12 vs. MIN - 20%, 5 points
4/15 @ MIN - 40%, 8 points

He needs to find a way to stay calm, focused and contribute big. The Jazz desperately need a reliable offensive threat on the wings and if Hayward keeps diappearing in big games we are in trouble. Hope he has a big game against Memphis and gets this monkey off his back.
Well, the same old Hayward: 9 points, 50% shooting, earned just 1 FT and promptly missed it, the same amount of turnovers as assists (2). In short, he chose to fade in the background and let other guys (Al, Mo, Foye, Favors) to force something.

One season he will pull himself together and start to play agressively in must win games, one year he will avoid his usual early season slump. Or maybe he will not and his ceiling is to be a good glue guy and the third or fourth option on offense.

Well, the same old Hayward: 9 points, 50% shooting, earned just 1 FT and promptly missed it, the same amount of turnovers as assists (2). In short, he chose to fade in the background and let other guys (Al, Mo, Foye, Favors) to force something.

One season he will pull himself together and start to play agressively in must win games, one year he will avoid his usual early season slump. Or maybe he will not and his ceiling is to be a good glue guy and the third or fourth option on offense.

I put the blame on Ty. He just wanted it pounded in to Big Al and that was it. Every wing who has played with Big Al has failed.