What's new

Head Coach Jerry Sloan to resign today :(

Please god let this be the begining of our cinderella championship story where we end up defeating the unholy Miami Heat in a grueling seven game battle. The last game winning shot will be a ally-oop tip in of D-Will to AK, with a smile.

I want Jeff Hornacek or John Stockton to be the next coach. And this is seriously some sad News!! I never thought that Sloan would go out this way. I think he deserves better then this personally. Im excited to see teh change happen but he deserves better!

Wow I get as frustrated with Sloan as most fans around here but let me go on the record to say I'm not a fan. I am a huge fan of loyalty so kudos to Johnson. I am interested to hear what happened (if we ever really do). I hope its T Corbin but I am with Okur13...we are about to see how good we had it I'm afraid.

Wow... must have been some loss last night. Wonder if Booze feels good that he got his formal coach, the guy he repsected oh so much as has been reported ad nausiem, fired

Bigger story of the day: Egyptian President steps down or Jerry Sloan steps down?

I am still in shock.

I have been back and forth on Sloan for some time now. I am certainly not opposed to taking a new direction, but I really hope it doesn't go down like this. I would MUCH have preferred Sloan to step aside at the end of the year gracefully and with his dignity in tact than a mid-season firing.

I have been back and forth on Sloan for some time now. I am certainly not opposed to taking a new direction, but I really hope it doesn't go down like this. I would MUCH have preferred Sloan to step aside at the end of the year gracefully and with his dignity in tact than a mid-season firing.

Put it PERFECTLY!

Like Sloan always says...this is a business. And a business decision was made. Sucks, I would have liked it to happen like you mentioned, but it didnt. Time to move on. Ill miss Sloan.

exactly what i was thinking. its not like a new coach can salvage the season at this point.

Gotta be a personal or family member's health issue, right. No way Sloan up and resigns and no way the Jazz fire him halfway during a season.