What's new

Hear Me Out: NBA Screws Utah Jazz out of Playoffs Through Rockets vs Jazz Jan. 04, 2016

To be fair. . . Despite his blatant trolling around here, he has been consistent. He called it way back then
To be fair, I also said to my friends that the Knicks were effectively knocked out of the playoffs on February 7th when they lost at home against the 12 games under .500 Denver. I was at that game and the feeling of any hope for the season just completely drained out with that loss.

Look, if you watch sports with a discerning eye you'll know there are signature games. Games that either indicate future glory for a team or future devastation. That Jazz loss -- up by 10 in the fourth to the lowly Knicks...and they lost in OT -- was the one. It was a certainty after that that the Jazz team were not making the playoffs even though they were hovering around a playoff spot.

I suggest a compilation of poor calls be produced, put on a film strip, and submitted to the league. For me, it wasn't a single game. It was a collective effort to gang bang the Jazz from a number of refs. If you fo'ckus on the final 2 minutes of games the discrepancy was terrible. A travesty. If you focus across the season, it was an unbelievable display of disrespect for the organization. I do not believe in conspiracy theories for the most part. But, this season smelled from day one. Pathetic display of fairness all season long. The Jazz have plenty of reason to put this one on the league in a season that came down to such minor plays across so many games.

I am disappointed that it didn't get better. The Jazz had about 2 games that I would have said we got most of the calls. I would say another 30 felt like they were well called games for both teams. But constantly, night after night, I left disappointed in the reffing. It felt like the antics got the calls and the obvious fouls were never whistled, night after night after night. I have never taken a stance about the refs since the Jazz went to the finals. This smelt deliberate and we have reason to be frustrated. The Jazz played down a man at least 60% of the year. Period. We should have beat the Clippers, yes. But there were over a dozen games that we were disadvantaged in the final 2 minutes of games closer than 5 points. You put ONE of them in our favor and the jazz are in the playoffs.

NBA rigged? It sure smells funny this year. If not, then I don't understand the game of basketball anymore. Throw your arms in the air and cover your nose without contact is a foul... Drive in the paint and have 3 guys foul hanging on your arms and 1 guy raises his arm saying he fouled as 4 guys go to the free throw line... out of bounds play - clean play.

Disappointing job by the refs in 2016. RESPECT CAMPAIGN needs to start now!

Your intuition was good, but the Jazz had plenty of other chances to redeem themselves but they blew it.
But it is the loses to bad teams that are the critical ones. Losing four to the Warriors is par for the course over a season. But losing to the Knicks in January when up by ten in the fourth? That's telling and crippling.

However, as in Animal Farm some teams and players are more equal than others. The NBA's own public 2 minute report has verified that the Utah Jazz are among the most screwed over of all teams in the NBA. Looking only this report the Jazz were screwed out of games by bad calls. This is only the public part. Apparently there is also a full game report which shows that this trend continues throughout the entire game and the the entire season. If they Jazz had received consistent officiating they would have made the playoffs. Could they have been slightly more clutch and overcome this and made the playoffs on their own absolutely.

To be fair, I also said to my friends that the Knicks were effectively knocked out of the playoffs on February 7th when they lost at home against the 12 games under .500 Denver. I was at that game and the feeling of any hope for the season just completely drained out with that loss.

Look, if you watch sports with a discerning eye you'll know there are signature games. Games that either indicate future glory for a team or future devastation. That Jazz loss -- up by 10 in the fourth to the lowly Knicks...and they lost in OT -- was the one. It was a certainty after that that the Jazz team were not making the playoffs even though they were hovering around a playoff spot.

You are not really a Knicks fan, right? You are a hopeless Jazz fan who finds comfort in his plight as a fan by trolling. Right? And if you are a Knicks fan, why did you choose Jazz fans as the fan base to troll/ Endow wisdom to? I don't get it. Why not Celtic, Laker, Cleveland, Minny, or Chicago fans? Surely you don't post on the message boards of all other 28 teams beyond Knicks and Jazz. Why Jazzfanz?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

if you are a Knicks fan, why did you choose Jazz fans as the fan base to Endow wisdom to? I don't get it.
I went to the Knick/Jazz game at the Garden on January 20th (my Knicks won, by the way). Next day I simply came here to post how impressed I was by the Jazz organization, Jazz players, and some Jazz fans who were at that Garden game. My very first post here you will see it is a love letter to the Utah Jazz.
(Here is a link to that beautiful first post: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...ight-s-Knicks-Jazz-Game&p=1175791#post1175791)

But then I discovered Jazz fans simply do not like the truth.
- Jazz fans can't handle the truth when I said that loss to the Knicks was a death blow to the Jazz playoff chances.
- Jazz fans can't handle the truth when I said Kobe will torch the Jazz in the final game.
- Jazz fans can't handle the truth when I told them the Jazz won't beat the Clippers even though the Clippers were resting top players.
- Jazz fans couldn't handle the truth when I said Favors stepped out of bounds before his "game winning" shot against Houston.
Because I told hard truths about the Jazz I suddenly became a troll. Ban him!

Yes they screwed up and probably cost the Jazz the game. Welcome to reffing.

You are right that people will say that the Jazz should have won more. And you're right because that is the right answer. The Jazz controlled their own fate and blew it. This is on DL, Snyder and the players and no one else.

It was great to hear the Jazz front office, coaches and players each taking accountability for their performance this year. They are winners.

Some fans .....

....are looking for scapegoats.

....paint the Jazz as victims of things beyond their control.

Persecution complex is insidious. Don't fall into the trap.

The Jazz had the 10th best point differential this season. We had the point differential of a 46 win team according to something I heard someone say about stats. This season was just a perfect storm of ****. The L2M reports where almost always against us.

It was great to hear the Jazz front office, coaches and players each taking accountability for their performance this year. They are winners.

Some fans .....

....are looking for scapegoats.

....paint the Jazz as victims of things beyond their control.

Persecution complex is insidious. Don't fall into the trap.

There was a real element of unfair reffing that hit the Jazz this season as well. I don't blame that for this season but it did have an impact.

Is there some basis for this speculation?
Yes there was a tribune article a while back. I am not going back to find the link. I am generally not one to complain about officiating and frequently at games tell booing fans around me that a call they are crying about was the correct call. I have been a season ticket holder for 30 years and this was by far the most consistently bad officiating against the Jazz that I can ever remember. People complain that Hayward is not a number 1 player. If people were allowed to ride Kobe and MJ and Steph Curry, the way that Hayward gets pushed around, they would have as many turnovers and problems as Hayward does. Those guys get fouls called if someone hits their shadow or auora. Hayward gets bounced around like a pinball and never gets a call. I want the Jazz to rise above it all and win despite the officiating but at the same time we have a right to expect a level of consistency. I do not believe that my position differs that much from that of the Jazz front office who you praised and called winners.

Yes, there was a good article about unequal reffing in the NBA. Utah was at the top along with other small market teams. I would just like to see the Jazz make more ft when it really counts.

Nope. January 20th against the Knicks.
Jazz up 10 in the fourth against one of the worst teams in the NBA...and the Jazz lost.

I told you then that game will knock the Jazz out of the playoffs. I am not being mean or rubbing anything in. I told you then. I was right.

Or how about the home loss to the Nets?

Or what about a 15 pt lead against Kobe and they let him play like it's an all-star game?

Jazz had their chances and they choked.

Or how about the home loss to the Nets?

Or what about a 15 pt lead against Kobe and they let him play like it's an all-star game?

Jazz had their chances and they choked.
Yeah, then how about the miracle "win" against Houston?

You are doing what tons of sports fans do: only see the bad loses and don't look at the surprising/miraculous wins. I didn't watch all 82 Jazz games, but I am sure for every stunning loss like the Nets one, there is an equal "Wow, I can't believe we won that one!"

The Knick loss is different. That loss was devastating. I was there in person. I saw the Jazz body language. I felt their utter hopelessness after that loss. They knew they were finished. I knew they were finished. That's why I was confident enough back in January to post here that the Jazz were just eliminated from the playoffs.

And I was right.

I went to the Knick/Jazz game at the Garden on January 20th (my Knicks won, by the way). Next day I simply came here to post how impressed I was by the Jazz organization, Jazz players, and some Jazz fans who were at that Garden game. My very first post here you will see it is a love letter to the Utah Jazz.
(Here is a link to that beautiful first post: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...ight-s-Knicks-Jazz-Game&p=1175791#post1175791)

But then I discovered Jazz fans simply do not like the truth.
- Jazz fans can't handle the truth when I said that loss to the Knicks was a death blow to the Jazz playoff chances.
- Jazz fans can't handle the truth when I said Kobe will torch the Jazz in the final game.
- Jazz fans can't handle the truth when I told them the Jazz won't beat the Clippers even though the Clippers were resting top players.
- Jazz fans couldn't handle the truth when I said Favors stepped out of bounds before his "game winning" shot against Houston.
Because I told hard truths about the Jazz I suddenly became a troll. Ban him!

I think your logic is a bit flawed good fellow; unless you purport to be a prophet or a man endowed with wisdom from on high.

And the Favors thing... The league said there was not conclusive evidence to support that he was definitively in bounds or out of bounds. Are you implying you have access to a camera view the league does not have access to. Or were you at the game and you saw him step out?

I also find your name flawed. Melo isn't a Jazz killer. Melo isn't even a killer the most innocuous/Harmless creature that exists in our universe. At least, he's not anymore. If he was a tier one star, he would be able to get his team to the post season. But I think you agree with me anyway on that because you seem smart. I do enjoy your unyielding trolling. I hope you continue your reign.

I think saying you knew the Jazz would be eliminated after the Knicks loss is bogus. No way you could know that no matter how poor their body language is, unless of course you are a prophet. Have you been hanging out a lot in a secluded grove in upstate New York lately?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

No need? I am the only one here who stated that the Jazz were toast back on January 21st! Think about that. I know basketball so well that I knew that Knick loss was a crushing, devastating blow to the Jazz. Was I wrong? Uhh, are you buying any Jazz playoff tickets this weekend?

Not rubbing anything in. Just saying you want me banned, I shouldn't post... Heck, I was the only one here who knew what the hell would happen to the Jazz! I know the Jazz better than you do. I told you that Knick loss would knock the Jazz out of the playoffs and guess what? The Jazz missed the playoffs by one game.

You should have listened to me back in January. Tonight's out-of-playoff hurt wouldn't have been so crushing.

Lets spend hours talking about how cool you are!!! Your amazing!!! Your mother was right!!

No need? I am the only one here who stated that the Jazz were toast back on January 21st! Think about that. I know basketball so well that I knew that Knick loss was a crushing, devastating blow to the Jazz. Was I wrong? Uhh, are you buying any Jazz playoff tickets this weekend?

Not rubbing anything in. Just saying you want me banned, I shouldn't post... Heck, I was the only one here who knew what the hell would happen to the Jazz! I know the Jazz better than you do. I told you that Knick loss would knock the Jazz out of the playoffs and guess what? The Jazz missed the playoffs by one game.

You should have listened to me back in January. Tonight's out-of-playoff hurt wouldn't have been so crushing.

Every time you post its about how wonderful your are. Maybe, just maybe, your the only one that thinks your cool.

Again, here you are posting about your awesomeness. Your like the broke version of Donald Trump mixed with the nostradamus who predicts things that nobody cares about. You are, "Donald Nostradamus".