What's new

Hendricks BUST

Hawkins is 15/48 from the field through 5 games. That’s not great.

Remember when the Jazz tried to sign Paul Reed? In hindsight it probably happened after they saw Hendricks play.

I am a little concerned about Hendricks moving forward. Not just based on his ability but also his fit. I don't think Hendricks, Kessler and Markkanen can coexist on the court together. Just not enough playmaking amongst the front court.

Ultimately I think the Jazz will have to choose between Kessler and Hendricks. If the keep Hendricks then I think Lauri needs to play the 5 with Hendricks at the 4. If they keep Kessler then Lauri will play the 4. But Hendricks does not have enough playmaking to be a 3 even if defensively he can do it. The Jazz still need a dynamic playmaking wing at the 3.

Imo it will be better for the team moving forward if they pick one and move the other sooner rather than later and focus on getting a dynamic wing - most likely in the draft

I thought it a bit telling when Ryan Smith said after the draft that Hendricks was the #9 rated prospect on their board basically meaning they had every guy picked ahead of him rated higher. It sounded like Hendricks and George were their #9 and #10 rated prospects. Usually teams will try to prop up their picks saying they had them much higher on their board, etc.

Hendricks does have size, athleticism and can shoot so I imagine he should potentially have a fairly long, decent NBA career after he figures everything out.

I am a little concerned about Hendricks moving forward. Not just based on his ability but also his fit. I don't think Hendricks, Kessler and Markkanen can coexist on the court together. Just not enough playmaking amongst the front court.

Ultimately I think the Jazz will have to choose between Kessler and Hendricks. If the keep Hendricks then I think Lauri needs to play the 5 with Hendricks at the 4. If they keep Kessler then Lauri will play the 4. But Hendricks does not have enough playmaking to be a 3 even if defensively he can do it. The Jazz still need a dynamic playmaking wing at the 3.

Imo it will be better for the team moving forward if they pick one and move the other sooner rather than later and focus on getting a dynamic wing - most likely in the draft
Choose between them? Why do they have to choose? Not like either will command a max

Choose between them? Why do they have to choose? Not like either will command a max
I don't think the teams best future starting 5 has both of them in the starting lineup due to lack of playmaking. So unless your planning to bring one of them off the bench I do think you need to choose. If not then either our number 9 pick is a bench piece or the guy who was supposed to be a franchise building block in Kessler is a bench piece. Either way they both lose value in potential trades if the come off the bench in a couple years. So trade one now while value for both is high

Or your move Lauri Markennan which I'm not suggesting or advocating for

I don't think the teams best future starting 5 has both of them in the starting lineup due to lack of playmaking. So unless your planning to bring one of them off the bench I do think you need to choose. If not then either our number 9 pick is a bench piece or the guy who was supposed to be a franchise building block in Kessler is a bench piece. Either way they both lose value in potential trades if the come off the bench in a couple years. So trade one now while value for both is high

Or your move Lauri Markennan which I'm not suggesting or advocating for
I was unaware you can only sign starters.

You are making no sense and just saying dumb stuff. Unless they are both max players, there is no reason to choose between the two. Just hope they are both good and sign both.

I was unaware you can only sign starters.

You are making no sense and just saying dumb stuff. Unless they are both max players, there is no reason to choose between the two. Just hope they are both good and sign both.
Dude it's not that hard to understand. Sorry I can't spoon feed it to you. I'm not saying the Jazz can't afford both I'm saying there skills don't mesh well with one another because neither is a playmaker. If the team ultimately wants Hendricks as a starter, they should btw he was the 9th pick, then where is your playmaking coming from in the front court with Lauri Markennan, Taylor Hendricks and Walker Kessler? Is Keyonte or THT going to be the only playmaker in the starting 5? It's about building a team that meshes well together. I don't think Hendricks and Kessler together mesh well with Lauri which means ones either coming off the bench or your trading one. I'd prefer to trade one and get more value back

Dude it's not that hard to understand. Sorry I can't spoon feed it to you. I'm not saying the Jazz can't afford both I'm saying there skills don't mesh well with one another because neither is a playmaker. If the team ultimately wants Hendricks as a starter, they should btw he was the 9th pick, then where is your playmaking coming from in the front court with Lauri Markennan, Taylor Hendricks and Walker Kessler? Is Keyonte or THT going to be the only playmaker in the starting 5? It's about building a team that meshes well together. I don't think Hendricks and Kessler together mesh well with Lauri which means ones either coming off the bench or your trading one. I'd prefer to trade one and get more value back
Do you have a crystal ball or something? Kessler and Walker mesh fine. Neither has to be a starter. Just sign good players and figure it out. This is the weirdest and most annoying conversation possible.