What's new

Here's a positive take on the Jazz. . .

framer

The one thing I keep coming back to, and the thing that makes me believe in this team is that when we play well enough to win, we win. With previous Jazz teams, and with several teams that we have faced this season, they can play well enough to win in a number of games and still lose. The Jazz don't have that problem. When they play well enough to win, or even just well, they win.

Phoenix played a better game in all facets last night. More assists, better shooting, better rebounding, more steals and still needed overtime to win. The Jazz deserved to lose and still almost pulled it off. If they shoot 28% instead of 25% from three they win.

Nobody's going undefeated, and losing to the Suns on the road in overtime doesn't "prove our critics right!!" Nor is our comeback a moral victory. It's just a loss which happens to every NBA team from time to time. Dallas lost to Houston last night.

I'm very happy that the Jazz righted the ship in the second half and played tough in a playoff environment, they need more games like that. It becomes clear that home court and that 1 seed is pretty important with the difference with how we play at home. Hopefully we remain injury free and keep playing like we have for the rest of the year. I'm excited for the playoffs.

The one thing I keep coming back to, and the thing that makes me believe in this team is that when we play well enough to win, we win. With previous Jazz teams, and with several teams that we have faced this season, they can play well enough to win in a number of games and still lose. The Jazz don't have that problem. When they play well enough to win, or even just well, they win.

Phoenix played a better game in all facets last night. More assists, better shooting, better rebounding, more steals and still needed overtime to win. The Jazz deserved to lose and still almost pulled it off. If they shoot 28% instead of 25% from three they win.

Nobody's going undefeated, and losing to the Suns on the road in overtime doesn't "prove our critics right!!" Nor is our comeback a moral victory. It's just a loss which happens to every NBA team from time to time. Dallas lost to Houston last night.

I'm very happy that the Jazz righted the ship in the second half and played tough in a playoff environment, they need more games like that. It becomes clear that home court and that 1 seed is pretty important with the difference with how we play at home. Hopefully we remain injury free and keep playing like we have for the rest of the year. I'm excited for the playoffs.
I think this team has a higher ceiling and a higher floor than our teams of the past. I just think we will have to be inordinately hot in multiple series to win once we get past the first round. Every title team has to play pretty well unless you are the prime KD GS Warriors... but I'd say we'd have to play a little more over our heads than some to win.

I am also a bit worried that teams that get physical with us on the perimeter seem to really eff us up... and the playoffs will get more physical (Eric Gordon committed several forms of assault and battery against DM a few years ago). I just think we are one player short of being a true title contender but I'm not sure we had the means or opportunity to get that player any time in the last 12-18 months... so oh well.

The game tonight will be an indication of how tough we are mentally. The guys have to be a little weary and blazers will present a real challenge. If we can get off to a better start and tighten up the d for 48 minutes it will go a long way toward easing my concerns but I won't be shocked if we play a little lack lustre.