What's new

Hey Look guys! I made a thread! A trade thread! :O GOD HELP US ALL!

Wes is good. Kanter is good and young. You NEVER trade a big for a small. Kanter is worth a top 5 pick THIS year. Big guys who have coordination are actually pretty rare.

Top 5? I don't know that I'd go that far but I'd say a pick in the 9 to 15 range for sure.

I don't know if I'd go top 5 either, BUT, I'd rather have Kanter than Gordon or Randle or any other big in this draft.

Embiid?

Wes is 27 and is 16 points 4 rbs and 2 assists. Burks is 22 and gives us 13 points, 3 rbs, and 3 assists. Why would we trade Kanter for an upgrade of 3 points and a rebound when Burks probably makes that leap and beyond by next year? If you want to get Matthews, I believe he is a FA after next year and then you will know for sure about Burks. Blazers are going to need to think about a max extension to Lillard, so they may not get into a bidding war.

Kanter is 11 and 6 on limited minutes. and 14 and 7 in January. He's 22. You can do Waaaaaayyy better than Matthews for him, but replacing him with another young big of his caliber would be almost impossible.

Wes is 27 and is 16 points 4 rbs and 2 assists. Burks is 22 and gives us 13 points, 3 rbs, and 3 assists. Why would we trade Kanter for an upgrade of 3 points and a rebound when Burks probably makes that leap and beyond by next year? If you want to get Matthews, I believe he is a FA after next year and then you will know for sure about Burks. Blazers are going to need to think about a max extension to Lillard, so they may not get into a bidding war.

Kanter is 11 and 6 on limited minutes. and 14 and 7 in January. He's 22. You can do Waaaaaayyy better than Matthews for him, but replacing him with another young big of his caliber would be almost impossible.

How do you address the financial side of this for the Jazz? And the divvying out the touches to so many?

I was saying I would like Kanter as a big man better than Gordon or Randle or any other big NOT in the top 5. I didn't clarify that. I'd trade Kanter for Embiid.

I agree

How do you address the financial side of this for the Jazz? And the divvying out the touches to so many?

As far as the touches..... that is already being addressed currently (kanter and burks get all the touches in the 2nd unit) and the financial doesnt need to be worried about right now since burks and kanter are on rookie deals right mow as well as next year.... plus wes probably wont be much cheaper than burks or kanter anyways

Good post.... only thing i noticed wrong about is kanters age..... he is actually only 21 iirc (i could be wrong doe)

As far as the touches..... that is already being addressed currently (kanter and burks get all the touches in the 2nd unit) and the financial doesnt need to be worried about right now since burks and kanter are on rookie deals right mow as well as next year.... plus wes probably wont be much cheaper than burks or kanter anyways

1. Touches: Addressed for now, yes. What about next year with that budding superstar we're hoping to get? Gonna work then?
2. Finances: Addressed now, absolutely. Better shape than anyone in the league. What about at the end of next year?

To those I say this: You only stay good if you position yourself to remain good.

3. Wes: Wes will need a decent contract at the end of next year. It will be in the 8m range.

1. Touches: Addressed for now, yes. What about next year with that budding superstar we're hoping to get? Gonna work then?
2. Finances: Addressed now, absolutely. Better shape than anyone in the league. What about at the end of next year?

To those I say this: You only stay good if you position yourself to remain good.

3. Wes: Wes will need a decent contract at the end of next year. It will be in the 8m range.

Other than Parker, who are we going to get that will start right out of the box next year. We have a solid young player at every position. Who would Smart, Exum, or Gordon replace right away? Wes' next contract will likely stretch into his early thirties. 8 million may be a little rich for someone on the downside of a career that likely peaked at 16, 4, and 4. Those are the type of contracts we should try not to carry in the next few years. We have a few attractive backups at rookie scale, and there will be people at around 6 million that could help round out the roster beautifully that don't demand shots.

Other than Parker, who are we going to get that will start right out of the box next year. We have a solid young player at every position. Who would Smart, Exum, or Gordon replace right away? Wes' next contract will likely stretch into his early thirties. 8 million may be a little rich for someone on the downside of a career that likely peaked at 16, 4, and 4. Those are the type of contracts we should try not to carry in the next few years. We have a few attractive backups at rookie scale, and there will be people at around 6 million that could help round out the roster beautifully that don't demand shots.

Anyone that might could play 4 that can shoot 3. Anyone better than Marvin Williams. You can't tell me CrayolaCorbin is gonna be able to figure out a way to keep Kanter and Favors in there together effectively. It's just not going to happen.

And who, on the market around 6, would want to come to Utah AND not want a ton of shots? Another vet trying to relive the glory days?