What's new

Ho Hum, just another national article hyping Joe Ingles. Wait, what?

framer

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba...nba-season-preview/1335x46xufbn41k6tcfbo9uid8

Polling NBA fans, the first two names out of everyone’s mouths are Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. Beyond them, names routinely mentioned as guys you simply can’t leave include Kevin Durant, Kyle Korver and J.J. Redick.

What if Ingles is better than all of them, including the Splash Brothers?

Though he hasn’t led the league in 3-point accuracy, Ingles is the only player to shoot at least 44 percent from beyond the arc in each of the last two seasons. Though admittedly not the off-the-bounce outside threat as some of the game’s best shot makers, Ingles is every bit the shooter in the traditional sense of stretching the floor.

Whenever Curry somehow wiggles free and catches ready to shoot, there’s a consensus feeling of inevitability: everyone in the building and watching on TV just assumes it’s going in. Warriors fans perk up in anticipation just as stomachs drop for opposing fans. At this point, it’s essentially an automatically triggered biological reflex.

Going strictly by the numbers, Ingles should trigger those same involuntary responses.​

How big do you think his head got after this?

How big do you think his head got after this?
tum.0.jpg

I read this. It's a good article.

I mean, whenever Joe is open, I actually DO expect it to go in. So that isn't really far out there. . .

Joe needs to shop more.

His off the dribble shooting game isn’t really there, and that’s fine. He’s a spot up shooter, and a very good one at that.

He’s certainly not a shooter on or near the same level as Curry, Durant, Thompson, etc.

Wait it isn’t already... the hell you waiting for Gail.
Quick story I heard about Gail.

This last year I had a conversation with a guy (he's a friend of a friend, can't remember his name) who was running some program in Utah. Gail Miller was heavily involved with the program, so he spent some time with her. He told a story about how he was at a meet-and-greet and people were coming up to Gail and telling them how much they enjoyed watching the Jazz this year (17/18 season) and she'd say things like "Oh I know, that John sure is a great shooter!"

The friend of a friend was pretty sure she was talking about Joe. :)

Gail Miller is an angel. We are so lucky to have her. She wants the best for the state of Utah and there's not doubt in my mind she wants a championship for the Jazz. She just might not have the same amount of passion as her husband.

Quick story I heard about Gail.

This last year I had a conversation with a guy (he's a friend of a friend, can't remember his name) who was running some program in Utah. Gail Miller was heavily involved with the program, so he spent some time with her. He told a story about how he was at a meet-and-greet and people were coming up to Gail and telling them how much they enjoyed watching the Jazz this year (17/18 season) and she'd say things like "Oh I know, that John sure is a great shooter!"

The friend of a friend was pretty sure she was talking about Joe. :)

Gail Miller is an angel. We are so lucky to have her. She wants the best for the state of Utah and there's not doubt in my mind she wants a championship for the Jazz. She just might not have the same amount of passion as her husband.

This is a great story... would be better if the meet and greet was at a Best Buy and if she was trolling the ultimate troll.