What's new

Holy **** balls this is amazing/sad

That is more along the lines of "it was brutal, but it made me the man I am today."

Compare that to someone living in the projects in true poverty, packed in tightly with so many people who are also living in poverty. All you see around you is desperation and hopelessness.

What makes the most sense to someone growing up in a rural setting that needs to make money? Work the land. What makes the most sense for someone in the ghetto? Hope for a job at McDonald's or sell drugs.

Both of my parents grew up in a farm town of 500 people in South Dakota (going to visit in 2 weeks woot woot), my Grandpa on my Dad's side still farms with the help of his nephew, so I have extreme respect for that lifestyle, but the two aren't comparable and you should be thankful for that.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Somebody in the ghetto has just as many opportunities to leave their area and better themselves.

It's time to quit making excuses for them and demand accountability.

Poor rural America just doesn't deal with chores and farming. Look at the countless poor white Americans all throughout the rural south. Many of them living in trailer parks. They also face drugs and poverty at very high rates as well. This "poor redneck" population is huge.

So again you can't just blame violence on poverty. Millions of American's people face poverty everyday and yet they don't turn to murder.

Somebody in the ghetto has just as many opportunities to leave their area and better themselves.

Lol. Look up black incarceration rates, they are definitely held accountable.

I know let's make them work the land like you. We can always whip them if they don't like picking cotton.

Lol. Look up black incarceration rates, they are definitely held accountable.

I know let's make them work the land like you. We can always whip them if they don't like picking cotton.

It's not necessarily "society" holding them accountable. It's their own populations that must hold themselves accountable. If you live in the ghetto all you hear is that "x" race or person keeps "holding them down." That might have been true decades ago. But not anymore. Yet, many of their own leaders are still on red alert acting as if we are in the mid 60s still. Look at how Sharpton and co. jumped all over this Zimmerman thing. You would have sworn Zimmerman had thrown Rosie Parks from the bus and sprayed a bunch of kids with a fire hose.

That part of our country's history is over. Rather than black communities... Especially their loudmouth leaders jump all over the racism bandwagon because that has been their schtick for decades and/or is so easy, how about they focus on the crappy parenting and lack of focus in obtaining education from the black communities?

If they focused on work (like the Latino populations have in south/central LA) rather than rely on the racism card, things would be a lot different.

Look at how Sharpton and co. jumped all over this Zimmerman thing. You would have sworn Zimmerman had thrown Rosie Parks from the bus and sprayed a bunch of kids with a fire hose.
Nope he shot a 17 year old in the chest with a handgun. Regardless of whether you feel it was a justified killing or not, it was the killing of a boy by a man.
That part of our country's history is over.
While people of color make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population, they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned. The prison population grew by 700 percent from 1970 to 2005, a rate that is outpacing crime and population rates. The incarceration rates disproportionately impact men of color: 1 in every 15 African American men and 1 in every 36 Hispanic men are incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.
The war on drugs has been waged primarily in communities of color where people of color are more likely to receive higher offenses. According to the Human Rights Watch, people of color are no more likely to use or sell illegal drugs than whites, but they have higher rate of arrests. African Americans comprise 14 percent of regular drug users but are 37 percent of those arrested for drug offenses.
The U.S. Sentencing Commission stated that in the federal system black offenders receive sentences that are 10 percent longer than white offenders for the same crimes.
Institutionalized discrimination exists. I know that there are other problems with the black community but those problems do not in any way invalidate the problems of discrimination,bias, and inequality that are blatantly apparent if you actually look up the statistics.

Last edited:
You would have sworn Zimmerman had thrown Rosie Parks from the bus and sprayed a bunch of kids with a fire hose.

Wasn't Rosa's twin sister thrown out of a Taxi?

On topic, not really, I do love to read through a bunch of white people who think the definition of "The Hood" is the front cover of the Lexus that their parents bought them when they turned 16, or "LOL, the thing that's on my hoody that makes it a hoody!!1". Please, stop acting like you all know what life is like for black people growing up in the projects, or whatever; you sound ****ing stupid. And wow, Thriller, remove your testes at once. Either that, or move to an island of 99 gay men, please. No more stupid babies, please!

That is more along the lines of "it was brutal, but it made me the man I am today."

Compare that to someone living in the projects in true poverty, packed in tightly with so many people who are also living in poverty. All you see around you is desperation and hopelessness.

What makes the most sense to someone growing up in a rural setting that needs to make money? Work the land. What makes the most sense for someone in the ghetto? Hope for a job at McDonald's or sell drugs.

Both of my parents grew up in a farm town of 500 people in South Dakota (going to visit in 2 weeks woot woot), my Grandpa on my Dad's side still farms with the help of his nephew, so I have extreme respect for that lifestyle, but the two aren't comparable and you should be thankful for that.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

UGLI with a srs post in the GD forum??

impossibru-meme-sgb.jpg

Demand accountability? In what way? And how is that going to help them in the long run?

I suppose whatever we do is better than the status quo, i.e. just chill and do nothing.

PS: One of the main things you seem to be missing, is the MASSIVE difference in family-cohesion, and support structures between life on the farm, and life in the ghetto. Both my parents grew up on the farm, I've been in Europe for 2-3 month stints where we would help my family farm. The support structure that's there is just completely different.

We don't have that many black people, or 'ghettos' in Edmonton, but we have loads of Native reserves interspersed all across the province, and country in general.

It's easy to rag on their ethnicity, call them selfish, inept, lazy, and short-sighted-- but it is much harder to be able to admit that the embarrassing history of Canadian attempts at Native American assimilation (Residential schools, etc.) has played a massive role in having mammoth negative impacts on not only one generation, but every subsequent generation who has had to deal with father figures resorting to various ends to cope with being raped at a young age, being separated from families-- or even have their affected fathers commit suicide, or have them resort to beating his children, resorting to alcoholism and so on. Father leaves, mother is busy trying to make a living-- this is where society should try to step in, and try and help kids not fall through the cracks. What ends up happening is that we don't, and some drug-dealer gang member will do so instead.

If you want true poverty in America go to North and South Dakota to the indian reservations. All this hood poverty is American poverty if that makes sense.

I do not think that kids from the hood have the same level of education and chance to go to college that a suburban kid does. I think that is one of the biggest fialings of our society. That we are failing such a large part of our children. They are our future and deserve better.

From Gyp.

Please tell all the white Utahn idiots who've never truly experienced urban area to STFU in beantown's amazing/sad thread in GD. I'm from NJ as diverse as it gets. My HS was a bottom 10-15% one in the state (a state with Camden, Newark, Elizabeth, Trenton and on and on mind you) with as many blacks as w hites.

I now teach in an urban area, one ranked in the bottom 3% of the state, where 95% of the kids are Hispanic and gang life is prevalent. And lemme tell you, beantown and Thriller are much more spot on than anyone else. The money and teaching that goes on in our school is ridiculously good (this comes from teachers who are parents of kids in other "white districts") and it is not the academic system that's failed them. It's their parents.

If I ever am unbanned maybe I'll go into further detail but it's too long to ask u to do via text.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

From Gyp.

Please tell all the white Utahn idiots who've never truly experienced urban area to STFU in beantown's amazing/sad thread in GD. I'm from NJ as diverse as it gets. My HS was a bottom 10-15% one in the state (a state with Camden, Newark, Elizabeth, Trenton and on and on mind you) with as many blacks as w hites.

I now teach in an urban area, one ranked in the bottom 3% of the state, where 95% of the kids are Hispanic and gang life is prevalent. And lemme tell you, beantown and Thriller are much more spot on than anyone else. The money and teaching that goes on in our school is ridiculously good (this comes from teachers who are parents of kids in other "white districts") and it is not the academic system that's failed them. It's their parents.

If I ever am unbanned maybe I'll go into further detail but it's too long to ask u to do via text.

No **** Gyp. lol

From Gyp.

Please add in that I do fully agree with everyone else that parental structure or lack thereof as well as hurdles all make the aforementioned life very difficult. And I empathize. I really do.

Also give me Nic's phone number lol.

From Gyp.

I do not completely agree. The school system fials often as well. Money doe snot equal good education. Mismanagement, poor teachers, political agendas stuffed into cirriculum... I think the school my daugthers go to is abysmal. But it is the only option there.

I do not completely agree. The school system fials often as well. Money doe snot equal good education. Mismanagement, poor teachers, political agendas stuffed into cirriculum... I think the school my daugthers go to is abysmal. But it is the only option there.

375040526_13a85383ce_z.jpg

There is actually a statistically significant strong relationship in every major survey done between per pupil spending and academic success. There are always a few outliers. Perhaps your daughter's school is one of them? The one from my research was Hawaii. Then again, it's not that surprising when you think about it. Hawaii, due to its situation, will never be tops when it comes to academic achievement.

But that does not deny the statistically significant strong relationship between the 2. I just did a research on this for a poly Sci class. Meaning, PP spending has a tendency to increase academic achievement according to the surveys done in the USA.

I do not completely agree. The school system fials often as well. Money does not equal good education. Mismanagement, poor teachers, political agendas stuffed into cirriculum... I think the school my daugthers go to is abysmal. But it is the only option there.

Fixed the doe snot.

This is not an all or nothing kind of situation, for parents and teachers. On the one hand no one can say that all of our schools and teaching and curriculum and whatever is crappy, and on the other no one can say that it is all fantastic either. Same goes for the parents. There are teachers who care and try and put themselves out there to help the kids succeed, and there are teachers who don't give a **** and just pile on the homework and teach exclusively to the testing so they can maintain a decent rating. We have several family members and friends in teaching and administration at various levels and have heard the stories and seen it first hand with our own kids. Some teachers have agendas as well. We had a teacher give an assignment to our 13 year old's class to write a letter to president bush stating that they opposed the war in iraq, demanding that he pull the troops out immediately and detailing why. The why was given to them as well and the paper was a solid chunk of their grade. My daughter didn't know what to do as she didn't agree with the teacher but didn't want to get a bad grade. We went and talked to the teacher and she looked at us like a deer in the headlights, she just couldn't fathom that we didn't agree with her standpoint, it just didn't compute.

Generally speaking our educational system leaves a lot to be desired. But the parents need to shoulder their responsibility as well. If you were grown up enough to bring a kid into this world, you damn well better be grown up enough to make sure that kid gets the tools it needs to survive.

So, you're essentially saying that Serp is a ****ty teacher? I can buy that. Of course, how do you screw up girls P.E.?

Must spread doe snot?

Better than spreading his seed.