What's new

Holy **** balls this is amazing/sad

What's sad is that I wouldn't have known anything about any of these murders without this topic. Media really latches on to somehthing ala GZ, TM when just as many tragedies are going on that don't get reported on.

In what ways?

What percentage of poor white farmer kids finish high school? What about poor black kids in the ghetto?

But then again, if you can't figure this **** out on your own, nobody will be able to explain it to you.

You wanna hear sad? After countless 70-90 hour weeks during the entire summer, almost our whole crop got ruined by a 20 minute hail storm. Like, everything is gone. Hail + 90 mph wind = bad things. They're estimating roughly $50-75 million worth of crops got destroyed in about 3-4 different towns. Just devastating.

You wanna hear sad? After countless 70-90 hour weeks during the entire summer, almost our whole crop got ruined by a 20 minute hail storm. Like, everything is gone. Hail + 90 mph wind = bad things. They're estimating roughly $50-75 million worth of crops got destroyed in about 3-4 different towns. Just devastating.

That sucks, Hant. Really. Prayers for you to find peace in it.

So wait... you're saying that guns are available, and criminals will get them and use them, regardless of the law?

Oh, okay. Thanks a lot. I get it now.

No, you don't get it. Your inference that people in Chicago do not have access to guns that are purchased legally and locally is patently false.

No, you don't get it. Your inference that people in Chicago do not have access to guns that are purchased legally and locally is patently false.

I made no such inference. You're trying to manufacture an argument.

What's the point of gun control? In theory, it's supposed to reduce or eliminate gun related death or injury. Am I way off? So, if a city like Chicago, with strict gun laws, is still experiencing gun deaths with such alarming frequency, what conclusion am I supposed to draw?

My comment was about the absurdity of trying to enforce gun control when there are already so many millions of guns in circulation. The fact that guns can be legally obtained in the vicinity of Chicago only reinforces my point.

What percentage of poor white farmer kids finish high school? What about poor black kids in the ghetto?

But then again, if you can't figure this **** out on your own, nobody will be able to explain it to you.

I have no idea what the percentages are. I am just saying a poor white rural kid and a poor black inner city kid have the exact same opportunity to graduate high school and go to college.

Yet everyone calls me retarded for saying that but nobody responds or gives back any substance to back up their point.

I have no idea what the percentages are. I am just saying a poor white rural kid and a poor black inner city kid have the exact same opportunity to graduate high school and go to college.

Yet everyone calls me retarded for saying that but nobody responds or gives back any substance to back up their point.

I think, Bean, that it all depends on how you interpret the word "opportunity". If you're talking strictly about schools being available, then I guess you're right. I think the point everyone else is trying to make is, growing up in the inner city also presents myriad obstacles to a kid that may otherwise take the normal path of schooling. There are many other (often larger) considerations that can interfere. Supporting the family can fall to the children, for example. But there are many other factors that could be involved. It can be a difficult life with seemingly insurmountable challenges. I think this is pretty well documented.

I think asserting that a rural white kid would generally face similar adversity is a silly argument.

I think some of you would be surprised at the adversity a poor, rural farmer kid faces. No, he won't be getting shot at or dealing drugs, but it is by no means an easy life. If you'd like more details as to why, please ask. I'd love to inform you.

I think some of you would be surprised at the adversity a poor, rural farmer kid faces. No, he won't be getting shot at or dealing drugs, but it is by no means an easy life. If you'd like more details as to why, please ask. I'd love to inform you.

I agree.. though I don't know that I would call it adversity, per se... more tough work and long days.

I too love how so many of you have gang banged Bean without daring to actually respond to his post. Does bashing someone make you feel better? Does attacking the messenger compensate for your intellectual laziness?

I'm from the Bill Cosby school of thought here: Enough Excuses, Just Results.

For years and years, blacks have had opportunities to vote, work, marry, and go to college. We have even bent laws and regulations in attempts to aid them. Yet... Poverty, drug use, violence, etc are still extremely prevelent. Why?

We typically brush it aside and take the lazy *** road and say, "meh. Cuz they're poor."

But that doesn't explain it. Latinos for 2 decades have taken over south central LA. Cops in LA are loving this. They weren't any richer than the blacks which once infested the place with extreme crime sleaze. A place that was once horrible throughout the 60s-80s is now changing (it isnt exactly Beverely Hills still). Yet, it has since calmed down. Fewer blacks and more latinos has been a good thing. Aren't the Latinos poor? Aren't they struggling to find opportunity (being illegals, not knowig the language or culture, etc). Why are Latino populations succeeding where blacks failed?

It's time for blacks (in general) in urban areas to stop making excuses. It's time for leaders of these communities to stop looking for racism and injustices at every opportunity and start challenging their own populations to stand up. I get it, we had to prime the pump in the 60s to get people angry and protesting. But you won. It's over. Now it's time to prime the pump and get people as motivated for education, careers, family building, etc as they are to act tough and speak gang English.

Before black women blame whites, look at yourselves. Having 5 kids with 5 different men isn't a recipe for success. Men, stop blaming the white man for injustices when you're doing so much negative to yourselves. Kids, before you blame the whites, learn English. Wearing pants halfway off your ***, spending more money on new nikes, and never getting above a d- isn't the fault of the white people.

Like I said, I'm from the Cosby way of thinking. It's time for black communities everywhere to step up. Look at how much time and energy was wasted on crucifying Zimmerman. While people were being slaughtered in Chicago. Why no protests there?

Your advantage was:

You recognized the importance of obtaining an education and didn't blame the other race for your own lack of initiative. Many people (from all races) should follow your example.

I agree.. though I don't know that I would call it adversity, per se... more tough work and long days.

Both of which are adversities for kids growing up. Not that those are bad qualities to have, but it doesn't make life easy.

Wake up early to do all of your chores, then go to school and struggle to stay awake, then once school is done its back to work. Finally get home around 8 or 9, exhausted, go eat dinner, and then attempt to do your homework before you fall asleep. No social life, no sports, nothing but work and school. And forget about going to college, because dad can't afford to have you leave.

Yup. Rural farm kids face zero adversity. And I know that's not what you're saying PKM, I'm more responding to some of the other people.

Both of which are adversities for kids growing up. Not that those are bad qualities to have, but it doesn't make life easy.

Wake up early to do all of your chores, then go to school and struggle to stay awake, then once school is done its back to work. Finally get home around 8 or 9, exhausted, go eat dinner, and then attempt to do your homework before you fall asleep. No social life, no sports, nothing but work and school. And forget about going to college, because dad can't afford to have you leave.

Yup. Rural farm kids face zero adversity. And I know that's not what you're saying PKM, I'm more responding to some of the other people.

That is more along the lines of "it was brutal, but it made me the man I am today."

Compare that to someone living in the projects in true poverty, packed in tightly with so many people who are also living in poverty. All you see around you is desperation and hopelessness.

What makes the most sense to someone growing up in a rural setting that needs to make money? Work the land. What makes the most sense for someone in the ghetto? Hope for a job at McDonald's or sell drugs.

Both of my parents grew up in a farm town of 500 people in South Dakota (going to visit in 2 weeks woot woot), my Grandpa on my Dad's side still farms with the help of his nephew, so I have extreme respect for that lifestyle, but the two aren't comparable and you should be thankful for that.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Sorry, but this is nothing but NRA ********* propaganda. The gun laws within the Chicago City Limits are strict, but the city is literally surrounded by gun shops in the outlying suburbs where the gun laws are much more lax.

https://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/14715658-418/chicago-gangs-dont-have-to-go-far-to-buy-guns.html

20% of all guns recovered from crimes within Chicago can be traced back to a single gun store in Riverdale, Illinois - which is less than 20 miles from mid-town Chicago

Right and the second you ban guns you turn the business over to a cartel.

Guns aren't rocket science and the people who want them will get them or make them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VGpPUzzIio