What's new

Home Remedies

scootsy

Do you guys know any home remedies for common ailments that actually consistently work? The only one I know is the lemon juice and honey in hot water that does actually soothe a sore throat.

I have a pretty foolproof solution for mild restlessness. Puts me right to sleep every time...

I have a technique for hiccups that works really well for me.

First, clear your throat with a drink of water.

Take three deep steady breaths in and out.

Breath in as deep as possible, really expand your lungs to max capacity to the point that you can't physically breathe in any deeper.

Now, while holding your breath clench your throat really tight, like a half swallow. But hold it TIGHT. This is the key, the hiccup gets interrupted because your throat muscles are too tight for it to do it's thing.

Keep holding. You want to hold you breath long enough to cover at least 2-3 hiccups at the rate they were happening. If you need to breathe, then do it quickly breathe out then immediately back in and clench your throat again.

If a hiccup gets through then you did it wrong and you need to start over.

When you release do it slowly, then try to breathe nice full steady breaths for a few seconds.

Done, no more hiccups.

mentholatum/vix on the bottom of your feete will help a stuffy nose. it also will help you sleep better.

Do you guys know any home remedies for common ailments that actually consistently work? The only one I know is the lemon juice and honey in hot water that does actually soothe a sore throat.

No, it's 2013 and I have a doctor.

Hangover management, that's an entirely different topic with plenty remedies.