What's new

Hood is the reason 3.0 (Thanks for reading)

JGolds

Lady's and Gentlemen I present to you this day 01/04/2018 more evidence that its not Daddy Joe, or Favs, or Rubio... okay it might be Rubio... But once again i present that the issue with this team is none other than "Rodney no good Hood" (Copy right pending on nickname)

Alakazam! Advanced stats!
proof hood stinks.png

First i should say its great his TS% is up... good for you dude! his Per 36 PPG is up to but that's to be expected he is taking 2 more shots a game than last year and his usage is up 6 points... so that is a stat of insignificants.

now onto the good...
Per Below league average and one of the lower on the team...
Ftr a smige above last year but not near where you want you need this guy to be. Look up point per shot for more info on this.
All rebounding rate is down (but his usage is way up this should be better)
Assist rate is up a bit... (but his usage is way up this should be better)

Win shares is pathetic... He Doesn't even really help. if he is on the floor or not we are about the same...

And according to is value over his back up (VORP) we are better off with his back up in...

is he even an nba caliber starter? Better question should he change sports or try playing over seas?

Now for those of you who have read this garbage this far I know what will be said:

-His is playing a different role that last year (no he is playing the same role as last year coming off the bench. And when he doesn't have anxiety or the runs he plays)

-More of the offense load is on him (false Spida is here)

-the D is focusing on him (false, he just cant hit open good looks.... 1-11 ring a bell)

Should a guy who isnt helping you win get this many minutes and this many touches? You could give his shots to pretty much anyone and get the same results or better...

In conclusion for those still with me:
Hood has peaked and so has his value trade him before his value drops further

Don't over pay a guy who only plays 60 games a year and is a scrub

I am questioning quins line-ups hard core these past few weeks.

I know many think Hood has another step and there are nights he looks like a franchise player, but this is kind of who he is. He's great if you are paying him 10M a year... He likely gets twice that.

I think we could get a mid/late first round pick for him and I would do it in a second. Allocate that 20M somewhere else and take a swing on a late first round flier.

I'm starting to think we need to move on from Hood. If he could play 3 with Ingles at 4, maybe we could afford to pay him what he probably gets this summer. I just have my reservations on paying Hood. He isn't consistent enough to be worth a $15+ to be our 6th man.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We haven't given him a nick yet, so I propose What the Hell? What's wrong with this kid's shot, and more importantly, with QS continuing to give him the green light. And don't get me started on Harpring's bull **** about letting him continue shooting even though he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a handful of wheat. NO! He's streaky as hell and needs his *** benched when he goes 0 for 7 to stop him from missing even more shots. Sit yo *** down Swaggy P wannabe.

Last five games: 3/14, 4/17, 9/20 (yay!), 4/13, 1/10.

The Jazz are losing games because of Hood. He's not a primary scorer. Also, WHY IN THE HELL WAS THABO KEPT OUT ALL GAME LAST NIGHT? If he isn't on slight injury rest then QS was an idiot. Starting Jerebko and Favors was the obvious decision against AD and DMC, but why in the hell didn't he sub in Thabo for this recently scrubby *** Rodney Hood?

Final rant: Hood is not and never will be a primary option or even a secondary. He's a damn role player who chucks up shots and is very inefficient. His expiring is officially added to my must trade list.

dont over-pay him, but try to keep him. He's shooting 40% from 3. he can still fill it up, but hes being asked to drive and try to be a Durant. he's not.

It cannot be overstated that he has missed 1/3 of his games (!) from mostly non-contact injuries and anxiety/GI issues.

He's a professional athlete that literally gets hurt just doing stuff and is scared *****ess. Yeah, color me unconvinced he's worth relying on for anything.

Sure, having him for the half of games that he actually plays and plays well in is nice. Anything north of $15 million per year and I am beyond bitter about him.

So yeah, i'd much prefer trading out of the whole scenario.

I know many think Hood has another step and there are nights he looks like a franchise player, but this is kind of who he is. He's great if you are paying him 10M a year... He likely gets twice that.

I think we could get a mid/late first round pick for him and I would do it in a second. Allocate that 20M somewhere else and take a swing on a late first round flier.

Can we get the damn #19 projected OKC pick back from Minny for him and ship Rubio's *** back home? How nice of a position having a top 10 and number 19, without Rubio's contract...

If he is a spot shooter for us, he has to start. He can't run the offense and is an average passer. I think DM is best suited at SG. That's why he needs to play SF as a starter.

Is Hood better than Ingles at starting SF?

If he is a spot shooter for us, he has to start. He can't run the offense and is an average passer. I think DM is best suited at SG. That's why he needs to play SF as a starter.

Is Hood better than Ingles at starting SF?

thats what I mean. Hood is ovbiously not very good at handling the ball on offense, I do like Hood as a spot up shooter. Problem is i'm sure he's going to get a big offer from somebody. Within reason, we should try to keep him, but don't get yourself ina big hole.
i'm sure DL is working on a scenario as we speak.

Watching us force feed Rod last night with no success made me think that we don't really use him correctly. When he clearly has it going we can feed him the ball, but he isn't an efficient creator.