What's new

Hood's Return

IF? Starting to wonder if there is something we're not being told.

WHEN? Still looks like there is no real timetable

HOW? Will he need multiple games to get back into form and game shape.

WHO? Loses minutes.

WHY? Do we make him an offer or match if he gets a big one with him always being hurt.

Curious about everyone's thought's on the above.

Rubio loses minutes and some of Burks. It's a two-way street as far as an offer goes. Hood may not get as big of an offer because he is always hurt.

Rubio loses minutes and some of Burks. It's a two-way street as far as an offer goes. Hood may not get as big of an offer because he is always hurt.

Here is the issue... I think best case for us is he gets an offer that is fair/slight overpay given his issues. Something like what Hardaway got. Are we willing to gamble that amount? Probably yes.

BUT... there is a more than nominal chance that Dallas, Philly, or LA misses on one of their bigger targets and sets their sights on Hood with something in the $20M+ per year range. I'm out at that price and we may have let him walk for nothing.

I'm confident in our FO and they know what he is after, but there's always a chance some dumb team overpays. I don't think he likes attention and staying put may make him more comfortable so he may give us a slight discount or at least not have toxic elements to the deal. If there was a decent deal out there for him I wouldn't be opposed to moving him but it'd have to be a really decent first rounder with no toxic salaries coming back.

Here is the issue... I think best case for us is he gets an offer that is fair/slight overpay given his issues. Something like what Hardaway got. Are we willing to gamble that amount? Probably yes.

BUT... there is a more than nominal chance that Dallas, Philly, or LA misses on one of their bigger targets and sets their sights on Hood with something in the $20M+ per year range. I'm out at that price and we may have let him walk for nothing.

I'm confident in our FO and they know what he is after, but there's always a chance some dumb team overpays. I don't think he likes attention and staying put may make him more comfortable so he may give us a slight discount or at least not have toxic elements to the deal. If there was a decent deal out there for him I wouldn't be opposed to moving him but it'd have to be a really decent first rounder with no toxic salaries coming back.

I think there's other options that teams with cap space may pursue before Hood, even after the big dominoes have fallen. For example the Lakers have KCP in their back pocket if they can't land 2 stars. There's also Avery Bradley, JJ Reddick, Danny Green, Marcus Smart, Seth Curry.

I truly think if Hood gets a big deal in this summer's cap environment, then he will deserve it and Jazz will gladly match.

IF? Starting to wonder if there is something we're not being told.

WHEN? Still looks like there is no real timetable

HOW? Will he need multiple games to get back into form and game shape.

WHO? Loses minutes.

WHY? Do we make him an offer or match if he gets a big one with him always being hurt.

Curious about everyone's thought's on the above.

WHAT? the hell

oooo is this the thread where we start throwing out ridiculous trade proposals?

I am certain we can get Curry and Klay along with 3 unprotected first rounders for Hood, O'Neal and filler. Huh? huh?

He's out again tonight... still with ankle soreness... sigh

So he's back, but the funny thing was he said his achilles was sore, but then they corrected it and said no it was his ankle tendon.

Our injury reporting is really weird.

So he's back, but the funny thing was he said his achilles was sore, but then they corrected it and said no it was his ankle tendon.

Our injury reporting is really weird.
A sore achilles can lead to a sore ankle. They aren't mutually exclusive symptoms. It's just a question of how you want to report it really.

A sore achilles can lead to a sore ankle. They aren't mutually exclusive symptoms. It's just a question of how you want to report it really.
I think he’s commenting on the synonymous semantics, akin to announcing someone has gastric distress then coming back and saying their stomach hurts.

Why come out and correct it if it was both. Also, hood said his Achilles hurt... having had injuries to both ankle and Achilles it is pretty clear to me which one is hurting. It was just weird all around... not a sprain just sore.

Why come out and correct it if it was both. Also, hood said his Achilles hurt... having had injuries to both ankle and Achilles it is pretty clear to me which one is hurting. It was just weird all around... not a sprain just sore.
Because is his ankle sore because of the achilles or is his achilles sore because of the ankle? The chicken or the egg kind of thing, or they might have thought it was one thing then the other. I don't think these things are black and white to diagnose. Or his achilles might have healed from soreness first then had the swelling the ankle that can occur because of it. I don't think the Jazz are required to detail every aspect of rehabbing a day-to-day injury.

Because is his ankle sore because of the achilles or is his achilles sore because of the ankle? The chicken or the egg kind of thing, or they might have thought it was one thing then the other. I don't think these things are black and white to diagnose. Or his achilles might have healed from soreness first then had the swelling the ankle that can occur because of it. I don't think the Jazz are required to detail every aspect of rehabbing a day-to-day injury.

That is all fine and dandy but Hood said his Achilles was sore today in an interview. Jazz came out and said it was a tendon in the ankle and that Hood misspoke. If they said it was both that’s fine or if he said Achilles and they said ankle and it was both then why come out and correct him. Maybe Hood just got confused but it is weird and that was all I was trying to say...