What's new

Hope the Jazz don't pull a Dominque Wilkins

Wolverine Newby

Dominique Wilkins, Forward, 1982

Highlights » Drafted by the Jazz but traded to Atlanta. … Played in nine All-Star Games. … Elected to the Hall of Fame in 2006. … Scored 26,668 points in his career.

Talk of Jazz drafting Kanter and the trading him to the Cavs remind me of the Dominque Wilkins trade.

If Utah drafts Kanter and trades him to the Cavs for the 4th pick (Knight) and they then use there trade exception to take on Okurs contract and Utah uses that new found cap space, to signs, the likes of either; Wilson Chandler, Aaron Affalo, Marc Gasol, Deandra Jordan. I'd be ok with that. Either one of those players with Knight for Kanter would be a steal for Utah!!

No it would be more like the Bucks trading Nowitzki, since Kanter is the next coming of Dirk "fundamentally".

This was a trade that would save the franchise.......what you better be hoping for is that we dont do another Luther Wright. Utah-Jazz-Center-Luther-Wright.jpg

This was a trade that would save the franchise.......what you better be hoping for is that we dont do another Luther Wright. View attachment 205

No garbage can would be safe in the state. But Wright was a later draft pick. I'm hoping we don't do another Snyder. What is it with lunatics and the Jazz? Does the lack of booze and women drive them insane?

No garbage can would be safe in the state. But Wright was a later draft pick. I'm hoping we don't do another Snyder. What is it with lunatics and the Jazz? Does the lack of booze and women drive them insane?
You haven't noticed that every team in the NBA deals with this? A couple of years back the entire Trailblazers team resembled a loony bin. Sacramento has multiple head cases. There are duels in the Wizards locker room. The Pacers had half their starting lineup in the stands beating on Piston fans. And by the way, Jazz players who seek it are not lacking for either booze or women. Not even close.

You haven't noticed that every team in the NBA deals with this? A couple of years back the entire Trailblazers team resembled a loony bin. Sacramento has multiple head cases. There are duels in the Wizards locker room. The Pacers had half their starting lineup in the stands beating on Piston fans. And by the way, Jazz players who seek it are not lacking for either booze or women. Not even close.
There's a difference between "thugs" and certifiable lunatics. The last comment was just a joke.

I remeber reading a quote from a NBA player who said that SLC was one of the craziest cities to visit. There was more partying in SLC going on than when they would visit LA or NYC. He thought it had something to do with the "stifled exposure" to the outside world. Not that I agree...... but could someone make me a root beer float and get me a bowl of that green jello salad with carrots strips?

Dominique Wilkins, Forward, 1982

Highlights » Drafted by the Jazz but traded to Atlanta. … Played in nine All-Star Games. … Elected to the Hall of Fame in 2006. … Scored 26,668 points in his career.

Talk of Jazz drafting Kanter and the trading him to the Cavs remind me of the Dominque Wilkins trade.

On the surface, that was a bad trade, but as some posters have previously mentioned, it saved the franchise, at least in Utah. The team was not going to make payroll and the money received from Atlanta made it so the Jazz could meet their obilgations. Wilkins had let it be known that he would prefer to play elsewhere (he never said he wouldn't play for the Jazz), and the Jazz did have Dantley at the time. I have often wondered what might have happend if the Clippers had drafted Wilkins instead of Terry Cummings, because Cummings was who the Jazz really wanted, supposedly. I think the better comparison is that you hope they don't pull a Darrell Griffith and take a good wing player instead of taking a potential good/great inside player (Kevin McHale).