What's new

How amazing of a coach was Jerry Sloan? He turned tin cans into gold....

add big T bailey to that list

but you can't fault deron. deron was ballin. he just became too injury prone. wasn't in a best shape either. getting too much $$$ didn't help

It's crazy what happens when you plan your team so that your player's strengths fit in with what the coach's strengths are.

****ing hate that Deron Williams had so many injuries early on that obviously slowed him down, then got traded to coaches who aren't smart enough to devise a complex offensive system that he can take advantage of.

Boozer just sucks on defense horribly and I have no idea why. That ambidextrous son of a bitch was nasty around the rim off dives doe.

It's crazy what happens when you plan your team so that your player's strengths fit in with what the coach's strengths are.

****ing hate that Deron Williams had so many injuries early on that obviously slowed him down, then got traded to coaches who aren't smart enough to devise a complex offensive system that he can take advantage of.

Boozer just sucks on defense horribly and I have no idea why. That ambidextrous son of a bitch was nasty around the rim off dives doe.

I think Boozer is just lazy on the defensive side.

Played his best ball in Utah save a Toronto year where he was equivalent.

That's debatable. The league game him a ton of credit for his outside shooting, which Sloan never really utilized.

I don't see why excluding Marshall would stick in anyone's craw. He's wasn't one of those throw away players that Sloan resurrected or whose career fell apart after leaving, and doesn't deserve to be put in that category.

That's debatable. The league game him a ton of credit for his outside shooting, which Sloan never really utilized.

I don't see why excluding Marshall would stick in anyone's craw. He's wasn't one of those throw away players that Sloan resurrected or whose career fell apart after leaving, and doesn't deserve to be put in that category.

35% career three point shooter. Toronto year I mentioned being the best. Sounds about average

Percentages higher in that Toronto year, but a Jazz year matched that in PER. Rebound percentages incomparable because of the difference in position. Equal TS% when as a wing over a being a four is in Utah's favor.

His best year is probably the Toronto year, but I'd still take his Utah years in total.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size]. I tell you how Jerry Sloan is much great coach. He believe in tough body training like all Russian except Andre Kirilenko okay. Why you think he hates Andre many years? Iz because Andre try make American workout like disco at dance clubs and ten minute abs and stuff. That iz it then be go play the video game.

This is only difference in Jerry Sloan and this Tyrone Corbin sissy. Sloan make players pump the iron hard. You know something. When fat *** 00 does not try play hard the Jerry Sloan he make Ostertag ride stop bycicle 45 minute after game time. He was bad *** like this.

He made poor players into decent players

He turned decent players into ALL STARS.

Look at Deron MEWilliams with the nets, the guy is one of the most over-paid players in the NBA.

Reading some tweets,
"Kazeem Famuyide ‏@RealLifeKaz 11h
Back in my day Deron Williams was a top tier point guard."

"Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 11h
Again, what does Deron Williams do out there. Other than getting torched by Kyle Lowry."

"Mel. I think ‏@LayupGod Apr 27
Boozer is one of the most overrated players of this generation. He's still eating off deron williams and jerry sloan pick n rolls"

Next up Carlos "Max Player" Boozer
The Bulls are trying to do anything in their power to unload him from the team asap.

"Free Wayne!!! ‏@tran_Quillity 11h
Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer really *** without Jerry Sloan"

Idk if the same goes for Stockton and Malone, but then again stockton and Malone where both amazing players in their own respect.

It sickens me when I hear that Sloan was feeding off the "ELITE" players that made him look like a great coach. It's even more disappointing that Jerry Sloan was never coach of the year.

He was another coach that coulnt and wouldnt adapt. The most predictable coach in the NBA. He was a hell of a coach in the 80s and 90s doe.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];819326 said:
[size/HUGE] boobs [/size]. I tell you how Jerry Sloan is much great coach. He believe in tough body training like all Russian except Andre Kirilenko okay. Why you think he hates Andre many years? Iz because Andre try make American workout like disco at dance clubs and ten minute abs and stuff. That iz it then be go play the video game.

This is only difference in Jerry Sloan and this Tyrone Corbin sissy. Sloan make players pump the iron hard. You know something. When fat *** 00 does not try play hard the Jerry Sloan he make Ostertag ride stop bycicle 45 minute after game time. He was bad *** like this.
Vlade Divac, is that you?

Couldn't adapt? How'd the Jazz win 42 games in '03?

Probably because the lack of competition. Hubie Brown took the Grizzlies to the playoffs that year. For the 1st time with the team making no real roster changes. I believe the Rockettes made the playoffs too when they sucked yeaes prior.

He made poor players into decent players

He turned decent players into ALL STARS.

Look at Deron MEWilliams with the nets, the guy is one of the most over-paid players in the NBA.

Next up Carlos "Max Player" Boozer
The Bulls are trying to do anything in their power to unload him from the team asap.

It sickens me when I hear that Sloan was feeding off the "ELITE" players that made him look like a great coach. It's even more disappointing that Jerry Sloan was never coach of the year.

......what is most amazing is that Sloan got the Jazz to the Western Conference Finals with Deron and Boozer playing on the same team! They actually bought into the "pick and roll" and were very successful running it for about 2 years! Obviously, it was Sloans doing.....because right now, I wouldn't pay Deron or Boozer the minimum NBA wage to sign with my team!

......what is most amazing is that Sloan got the Jazz to the Western Conference Finals with Deron and Boozer playing on the same team! They actually bought into the "pick and roll" and were very successful running it for about 2 years! Obviously, it was Sloans doing.....because right now, I wouldn't pay Deron or Boozer the minimum NBA wage to sign with my team!
In Deron's defense (and I despise him for what he did to Sloan and the team), he just hasn't been the same due to injuries. He had wrist problems the year of the trade and has had a bad left ankle for a couple of years now. As for Boozer, Chicago deserves what it got. They were bidding against themselves when they signed him; few other teams even wanted him. I do agree with CY and Fish; Carlos was amazing around the rim. I don't think too many players in the NBA have been able to shoot with either hand from a variety of angles like Boozer did. It was fun to watch. Then again, I always had to watch with the volume off due to his profanity...not good to watch a Jazz game with a young child when Boozer plays - unless you want to explain to the wife why your child now has the vocabulary of a drunken sailor.