What's new

HOW Did The Utah Jazz Get Away With This...

Release the Kraken

I dont think it sets us back to make a wrong move unless the wrong move is trading kessler, lauri, clarkson.

I think if we have those 3 surrounded by sexton, ochai, NAW and a few other ok players then we wont take a step back due to one wrong move.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Agreed, and that should be our big three moving forward. Those guys are all alphas, unicorns, whatever you want to call them. They are special in their physical abilities but more importantly they’ve proved time and again this season that they’re not afraid of the moment and can and will deliver when it matters most.

People see it clearly with the young guys Markkanen and Kessler but still tend to discount Clarkson as too old or as a sixth man chucker. Nobody on our team and few in the NBA have the ability to think on their feet, create and deliver in clutch time like Clarkson. Mark my words, we cash him out now, it may be five or more years before this team sees another postseason.

HermanG

You are seriously blind if you don't think all 5 of those teams are capable of competing for a playoff spot next year. I love how you think actually understanding the reality of the situation makes me anti jazz. Some of you fools just love living with blinders on and not paying attention to the outside world.
Since you are obviously a well educated realist, you should easily find evidence from Clutchfans or Rockets reddit that support your notion that Rockets are close to competing.

Please link it here so I can be as educated as you are.

Just browsing the front page I see 3 petitions to fire Silas, 5 bleak threads about their owner/FO/organisation status.. 3 threads bashing various players and only a few positive topics (albeit I'm not sure "Sengun is our best player" is good when you just drafted top 3 twice in a row).

Release the Kraken

Ugh. One year of sucking is bad enough. Two years? That's how teams like the Magic are made
Exactly! Better buckle up fans for years and years of mediocrity, if we have that fire sale; particularly if we stupidly include one of the big three in our “for first rounders” selection assortment.

HermanG

Exactly! Better buckle up fans for years and years of mediocrity, if we have that fire sale, particularly if we stupidly include one of the big three in our “for first rounders” selection assortment.
My theory is we leak that "selling" info to expedite the Collins trade... which is actually a sneaky buy disguised as a sell.

But Im el hopaness romtic.
1673895804208.png

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Agreed, and that should be our big three moving forward. Those guys are all alphas, unicorns, whatever you want to call them. They are special in their physical abilities but more importantly they’ve proved time and again this season that they’re not afraid of the moment and can and will deliver when it matters most.

People see it clearly with the young guys Markkanen and Kessler but still tend to discount Clarkson as too old or as a sixth man chucker. Nobody on our team and few in the NBA have the ability to think on their feet, create and deliver in clutch time like Clarkson. Mark my words, we cash him out now, it may be five or more years before this team sees another postseason.

Ya i probably underrate clarkson. He is pretty awesome

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Saint Cy of JFC

Just my opinion but I think this is very possible. If we trade Conley, Clarkson, Beasley, Vando between now and the start of next season getting back only picks and expiring contracts. Plus we have a reason to be bad next year. Our pick is top 10 protected so if they lean on the young guys next year, keep the pick and clean up the books we are set going in 25 with what could be a very good, young, up and coming team.
Honestly we should be worse next season than we are this season if we play the cards right.

This year was about seeing what the Jazz have in Hardy and who would step up out of the younger guys. Hopefully it's also about selling high on the vets, reloading the team with young talent for 2024, sucking, then proceeding in Year 3 as if you are trying to make the playoffs.

Ben10

Honestly we should be worse next season than we are this season if we play the cards right.

This year was about seeing what the Jazz have in Hardy and who would step up out of the younger guys. Hopefully it's also about selling high on the vets, reloading the team with young talent for 2024, sucking, then proceeding in Year 3 as if you are trying to make the playoffs.
Yep this is how I see it playing out.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

I watched that video back then and those 2 have been even better since (albeit Beasley and Vando stocks have come down a bit).
What are you talking about? I love how Vando has progressed already during the season.

This is a pattern with Beasley. He has tons of hot and cold stretches. Been doing this for years now. Only a matter of time before he goes on another hot 3pt shooting binge again.

HermanG

What are you talking about? I love how Vando has progressed already during the season.

This is a pattern with Beasley. He has tons of hot and cold stretches. Been doing this for years now. Only a matter of time before he goes on another hot 3pt shooting binge again.
Vando was viewed as a very good defender who can defend 1-5 coming into this year. While his offense has definitely progressed and his hustle is undeniable.. I'm not sure his defensive upside is viewed to be that high anymore. Lillard listed him with OG and Bridges as 3 guys he would like to see Blazers go for before the season began. That was the direction some thought Vando would develop towards.

Part of it imo is that he has played stretch positions all year... but I dont think Vando value has gone up this year. His contract is insanely friendly and that ofc still works for his favour.

Maybe he can still get back to a good defensive form. I'm happy if he does.