What's new

How do you rate the Rudy trade so far?

Rate the Rudy trade

• Ainge completely ****** the entire T-Wolves organization

• Vando, Beasley and Kessler do far more for the TEAM than Rudy, picks are the cherry on top.

• Jazz won slightly

• Fair trade

• I love Rudy :(

• Angel Moroni on the Salt Lake temple should be changed to a Rudy statue

• Rudy was god

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoUjazzfan

I love Rudy as much as anyone but that contract was at the perfect point to be traded, especially for the haul we got. The fact this team is so much fun to watch is icing on the cake!
This team understands everyone has to defend unlike last year when everyone just relied on Gobert.

yamers

first things first, i love gobert, and he won't be going hungry anytime soon, he has achieved greatness....$$$$$

Now lets me be real.

danny ainge completely boned the Wolves organization. What the wolves gave up for a guy who can't shoot, can't post up, no offensive game is absolutely INSANE. :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know people here are going to not like what I just said, but the truth is gobert is a defensive player of the year, not an MVP game breaking center. End of the day gobert ain't gona be hurting, $$$$$$.

JazzFever

Main problem with Rudy is his contract. On a lesser contract you can pay pieces to cover his weaknesses and enhance his strengths. But with that Max contract, you HAVE to have him be a two way game-breaker. Which he isn't. So Minnesota has ingested a poison pill with Rudy and we've rid ourselves of the same. Kind of like getting getting the Bull card in exchange for the Bear card in a game of Pit.

sip

Main problem with Rudy is his contract. On a lesser contract you can pay pieces to cover his weaknesses and enhance his strengths. But with that Max contract, you HAVE to have him be a two way game-breaker. Which he isn't. So Minnesota has ingested a poison pill with Rudy and we've rid ourselves of the same. Kind of like getting getting the Bull card in exchange for the Bear card in a game of Pit.
They are going to be in cap hell in a few years if they don't move KAT or Rudy. KAT's supermax will be kicking in as well as likely huge extensions for Edwards and McDaniels.

hgb

Contributor
They are going to be in cap hell in a few years if they don't move KAT or Rudy. KAT's supermax will be kicking in as well as likely huge extensions for Edwards and McDaniels.
DLo comes off the books this coming summer, and next season they are actually a little below the cap, but for '24/25 they have >$90M on KAT and Rudy alone, plus what definitely has to be a max extension for Ant. Not sure how much McDaniels will be paid, but as you say he won't come cheap.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
We win the trade clearly. I feel sad for Rudy, because history seems to come again. I look many games of Minny and they look a bit like Utah last year. AD DLo does not make any effort on defense and KAT is just a bit better in this side. It seems taht all the player there adopt the rule . Let's Rudy do all alone in defense.... it will failed as it failed in Utah. They have to react fast before it's too late. Pairing KAT and Rudy don't work. They have to be smart and share their 2 players the fields with limited min together. As Atlanta does woth Young and Murray and it works quite well.

SteakNEggs

first things first, i love gobert, and he won't be going hungry anytime soon, he has achieved greatness....$$$$$

Now lets me be real.

danny ainge completely boned the Wolves organization. What the wolves gave up for a guy who can't shoot, can't post up, no offensive game is absolutely INSANE. :eek:

I know people here are going to not like what I just said, but the truth is gobert is a defensive player of the year, not an MVP game breaking center. End of the day gobert ain't gona be hurting, $$$$$$.
Nope... I agree. I've always said that Gobert could be an all time great if he simply had a post up presence and possibly a foul line jumper he could hit every once in a great while. We used to argue this here quite a bit and I never understood those that said Rudy didn't need an offensive presence.

PattBattMann

Another thing that is so great about the Jazz's current situation is that they are getting great production out of cheap contracts. Out of all the players on the team, does anyone strike you as someone that would demand a big contract outside of Markkanen? Plus, they already have Sexton on a new, very affordable deal.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner

Now lets me be real.

Lol

1668263532079.png

Who would ever want a guy with the record career offensive rating in the NBA. Can't imagine!

Man some people are so short-sighted it's hilarious. But what's the saying? Yamers gonna yam?

Coach Ellis

Would anyone want to trade Vando + Beasley + Kessler + 2 firsts for Gobert right now? I sure as hell wouldn’t let alone all of the extra picks and players on top.
Vando should be a long-term core player for this team. Kessler is a keeper. Beasley will still probably end up getting traded - but not until next year (I think.) THT is a wrecking ball of entertainment.

I love Rudy, but the Jazz won that trade just in team fit and cap savings. . . draft picks are a damn nice bonus.

Last edited: