What's new

How does Hayward benefit from being a member of the Jazz this season?

bkralj

The other core 4 members get more playing time while Hayward is supposed to be a leader on this team which is not in his nature to be and he can't handle the pressure. He also has to deal with all the losing which he can't handle. If Hayward was really being honest he would say that he would have loved to have Big Al, Millsap and Mo back to guarantee at least a 41 win season compared to the mess that they're about to experience. He will probably be traded by the deadline along with Favors since the idiots at Jazz managemet will try to help another team's chances of making the playoffs.

The other core 4 members get more playing time while Hayward is supposed to be a leader on this team which is not in his nature to be and he can't handle the pressure. He also has to deal with all the losing which he can't handle. If Hayward was really being honest he would say that he would have loved to have Big Al, Millsap and Mo back to guarantee at least a 41 win season compared to the mess that they're about to experience. He will probably be traded by the deadline along with Favors since the idiots at Jazz managemet will try to help another team's chances of making the playoffs.

I am curious how you know his psyche so well that you are absolutely certain what he can and cannot handle?

I don't see a confident player in Hayward after 3 seasons in the NBA and I think his frustration with this team is just going to boil over ala the Deron/Sloan blowup

I don't see a confident player in Hayward after 3 seasons in the NBA and I think his frustration with this team is just going to boil over ala the Deron/Sloan blowup

So your opinion is he cannot handle it. We can work with that.

I think you are selling him short. I think he has had some mental blocks to work through, but I think he is capable of doing that. I think part of his issue has been understanding his place on the team. He went from being THE MAN in college to a guy lots of people thought (and very publicly stated) that he was picked way too early and just couldn't be an important part of a solid team. I think with this new season we will get to see who exactly he is. You may very well be right, but imo he is poised to step it up and notch, and will be better than lots of people thought he could be.

He handled it in college and I don't really care for your opinion. I think Hayward has a ton of respect for Big Al and Millsap and so he was content with his role. He's a great locker guy and I haven't seen any frustration from him. I'm sure he understands what will happen with the team this year and he's just going to try hard to prove the league wrong.

The Jazz will trade Hayward and Favors at the deadline? Really? Based on what? If anything the Jazz tend to hold onto players for too long.

As for the Hayward leadership stuff- he may not have the right psyche to be a team leader. But I am sure he has the psyche to be big-time player. He was making plays in crunch time last year and he will be doing more of the same this year.

He handled it in college and I don't really care for your opinion. I think Hayward has a ton of respect for Big Al and Millsap and so he was content with his role. He's a great locker guy and I haven't seen any frustration from him. I'm sure he understands what will happen with the team this year and he's just going to try hard to prove the league wrong.

You bring up some very interesting points and I hope he and the Jazz prove the league wrong as well.

To answer the question of the thread title, it benefits Hayward to help him get a bigger deal and make more money.

The Jazz will trade Hayward and Favors at the deadline? Really? Based on what? If anything the Jazz tend to hold onto players for too long.

As for the Hayward leadership stuff- he may not have the right psyche to be a team leader. But I am sure he has the psyche to be big-time player. He was making plays in crunch time last year and he will be doing more of the same this year.

I don't trust Jazz management. It seems that they are more focused on bringing in draft picks and younger players with minimal NBA experience than keeping vets like Hayward and Favors long term.

OP's argument is a bit sensational, but it does contain a kernel of truth. Hayward may or may not turn out to be an effective leader. He was a leader at college, but now he's trying to lead a group that knows him pretty well, but has been lead by others throughout their short careers. You can't just decide someone is the leader. It typically emerges naturally. Will Hayward own the opportunity handed to him? It's unclear.

So your opinion is he cannot handle it. We can work with that.

I think you are selling him short. I think he has had some mental blocks to work through, but I think he is capable of doing that. I think part of his issue has been understanding his place on the team. He went from being THE MAN in college to a guy lots of people thought (and very publicly stated) that he was picked way too early and just couldn't be an important part of a solid team. I think with this new season we will get to see who exactly he is. You may very well be right, but imo he is poised to step it up and notch, and will be better than lots of people thought he could be.

Well said. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens.

I agree with this. A leader on the team doesn't have to be the player scoring the most, what I'm interesting in seeing is if Burke can potentially be a leader, which I think he can. He's got the confident and lack of a better word right now, swag.

I will just refer you to the Laker game in his rookie year. He made play after play. He was the focus of the offense and the focus of the Lakers defense. What he did then wasn't possible in the heavy laden Al Millsap offense. This year I see him getting 18-20 points a game 4-5 assists 3-4 boards.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on jazzfanz. The jazz org. knows him a hell of a lot more then you do.

I could see leadership idenity issues developing.

Hayward will try but be too soft and they won't follow.

Burke will try but he won't be playing well enough and will be too young.

Then Kanter will try but they won't understand him or take him seriously.

Favors will speak to softly from the bench after fouling out so they won't hear him.

Burks will dominate again and will go unoticed again.

Favors will speak to softly from the bench after fouling out so they won't hear him.

I think it needs to be burke.

Like you said, hayward too soft..... favors and burks too quiet..... kanter too goofy/horseplayey.

This team is all set up and need that leader.... despite the things I don't loke about burke, this is one of his attributes that I buy into

tumblr_mg49wbuAA01rmugu7o1_400.gif

So dramaticand static.
God ain't havin it and he be fine opening the heavens for all of his glory to shine down alll apon trey teh jesus burke!

Bask in ixt

Does that make Corbin the leader by default?