How far do we fall?

How far do we fall?

• Total voters

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Simple, where do we end up? How far do we fall? If we lose all of our remaining games we can only fall to 7th, so those are the numbers. I threw in 4th just for fun. No ****ing way in hell we get 4th.

I think we end at 6th. 7th is very very possible however. I don't think there is any way we get any higher than 6th.

So much god damned negativity here. I swear half of the board is full of Eeyore's doing the ****ing sad Charlie Brown walk... Just enjoy the game... they will not make every shot and win every game but they will do some fun stuff and the alternative is watching the ****ing office for the 8th time or spending time with your wife and kids that are now around you 24/7... Hallelujah, Holy ****... Where is the Tylenol!

So much god damned negativity here. I swear half of the board is full of Eeyore's doing the ****ing sad Charlie Brown walk... Just enjoy the game... they will not make every shot and win every game but they will do some fun stuff and the alternative is watching the ****ing office for the 8th time or spending time with your wife and kids that are now around you 24/7... Hallelujah, Holy ****... Where is the Tylenol!

Nah, more like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football out from under him. Every year we think 'Maybe this time it will be different...' but the outcome is always the same.

Unless Conley opts out (34 million reasons not to), we pretty much are going to have to run it back with this team next year unless we conduct some franchise-changing trades.

A 3/6 matchup with Denver could be a blessing in disguise. As much as I want the best seed possible, the 6th seed might actually be the most attractive.

Hard to say. A lot will depend on the Mavericks. The Jazz will lose the remainder of their games and finish with 42 wins - so, if the Mavs can pick up two more wins (obviously one coming against the Jazz), I'll say seventh.

Jazz will beat Memphis, San Antonio and probably Dallas for at least 3 more wins. Jazz can also beat Denver. I see the Jazz going 4-4 or 5-3 overall and staying in the 5 or 6 seed.

OKC needs at least 4 more wins to tie Utah. With OKC having the tie-breaker, the Jazz would fall to 6th.

Mavericks aren't catching the Jazz.

So you're saying 7th.

Nah, more like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football out from under him. Every year we think 'Maybe this time it will be different...' but the outcome is always the same.

Unless Conley opts out (34 million reasons not to), we pretty much are going to have to run it back with this team next year unless we conduct some franchise-changing trades.
Good analogy

And the only thing that matters is matchups lmao. No homecourt, so who cares? These are more or less preseason games for the Jazz who have no chance of dropping out of the playoffs.

We are not playing great and have weaknesses but so do pretty much of the other western teams. Hence our record being about the same as them. Teams are not playing well in the bubble for the most part especially. The league is not shooting well from 3s. I see us staying about the same.

Hello, I'm a new fan. I don't know very much about NBA but I wanted to follow a single team to begin, so I chose the Utah Jazz because I had a Jazz t-shirt at the end of the 90s :) It's a sort of nostalgic love for the Jazz. I've started watching the last 2-3 matches and it seems a good team to me, but I'm not an expert. I hope we can gain the 4th place :cool:
As I said, I know pretty nothing about basketball but it seems to me that Utah is not so good on the 3 point shoots... the reply from Ron Mexico seems to confirm my sensation

A 3/6 matchup with Denver could be a blessing in disguise. As much as I want the best seed possible, the 6th seed might actually be the most attractive.
You want that home court advantage, right? A just reward for being the most active and healthy lifestylers on a basketball court.

And the only thing that matters is matchups lmao. No homecourt, so who cares? These are more or less preseason games for the Jazz who have no chance of dropping out of the playoffs.
So like why aren’t people just enjoying the game... there are a lot of things to like. Be grateful peoples.

With the way the game has evolved, you pretty much need every player on the court to be a threat from deep. We're still clinging too much to conventional 1-5 lineups.

It's why I would listen to Gobert trades a bit more closely - doesn't mean not getting value in return, but we have to change the dynamic.