What's new

How far up the draft will this get us?

How far up the draft will this get us?

• Total voters
They didn't mess up, it's protected.

Not what i was referring to at all... they messed up their chance to keep all those guys together imo. Like they may have messed up their championship window. Started with the Harden trade, but then giving up assets to acquire ill fitting pieces didn't help.

I think those picks could get us a little further than nine. Maybe 6.

They are still 2 first rounders. 2nd rounders aren't completely worthless. They hold some value.I'll agree that a team probably wouldn't want them just because they probably don't want a bunch of rookies all at once. But they'd probably take at least one.

If nine is all that would get us then I would definitely not do a trade like that. If it could get us Mario or Winslow then I'd be down.

I'd do it to move to the #9... I just don't think the 2nds have much value in combo with the other picks we are already giving up. Especially if they come in this year... you can really only have so many rookies in one year. Maybe if they were future 2nds.

I'd be shocked if that got us to 9 and be even more shocked if the offer was on the table and we declined.

IMO, the 2nds don't get us anywhere. I think Burke has more value tbh. 12, 2016 1st (with minor protections) and Trey Burke to move up into the top 8 (or 9) for any of Hezonja, Johnson, Winslow or Porzingis.

Another possibility is that the Jazz could take back a player in a salary dump. I'd take on two years of Lance Stephenson for a shot at one of those guys I listed.

It gets us the 12th pick and lots of laughs from 11 other GMs.

I could see a trade where similar to this:

Jazz out: Booker #12, OKC 2018 pick
Jazz in: #9 and M Williams

Minn out: K Mart
Minn in: Booker OKC pick

Cha out: #9 M Williams
Cha In: #12, and K Mart

They need shooting help, but I wouldn't want it coming from a rookie... they could pick up Devin Booker or whatever they feel they need long-term at 12. If they like Trey Burke I wouldn't be opposed to adding him to make this happen.

That's pretty good.

That's a terrible trade imo.

Based on the value you place on the second rounders that package should get is the number one pick, but I tried to actually think of a trade that all parties might be interested in.

Based on the value you place on the second rounders that package should get is the number one pick, but I tried to actually think of a trade that all parties might be interested in.

Did I say number 1 pick or vote number 1? No I didnt.

Marvin Williams sucks. I have no interest in him on this team. Booker is pretty good too. I don't have any interest in trading him for some unknown. Even if it is the number 9. There are no guarantees there.

I'd way rather have, Booker, the 12, and the OKC pick.

Did I say number 1 pick or vote number 1? No I didnt.

Marvin Williams sucks. I have no interest in him on this team. Booker is pretty good too. I don't have any interest in trading him for some unknown. Even if it is the number 9. There are no guarantees there.

I'd way rather have, Booker, the 12, and the OKC pick.

And they'd likely rather have the #9 and Marvin Williams.... Our picks ain't getting us to #6 unless we include our 2016 pick as well.

I was exaggerating on the number one pick, but the price to move up is more expensive than you are saying. That OKC pick is a really sucky 1st rounder. If I was trading for it I would value it as a couple of good 2nd rounders in 2018 and 2019 vs. being a first rounder.

If we are moving just to the 9th we better not be giving up more than 1 first and 1 second.

I'm hoping that the target is #8. Unless WCS, Booker or Turner makes a big jump up, that's about where I see the end of the 2nd tier players. And I'd sure like to get one of those guys. I'd gladly give up 12, Burke and a future 1st round pick to land any of Winslow, Hezonja, Johnson or Porzingis.

Go after Tomic (or a veteran backup center), give Burks some minutes at PG. Maybe try out Neto or trade for a backup veteran to play behind Dante. Then hoard your assets and see where this team is a year, two years from now. If you need to, make a big move at that time and hope it's enough to be a contender. Depending on how Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Hood, Exum and the new draft pick develop. . . well it sounds like a fun team to me.

The GS 1st rounder
The OKC 1st rounder
Both 2nd round picks we own this year

Timberwolves- "No, thanks"
Lakers- "**** you. No."
76ers- "Have you been watching us in the draft the last few years? No"
Knicks- "Maybe. Can you throw in Trey and Alec Burks? Oh they're not twins or married. We'll take just Trey. No, Alec. ****, let me call my girlfriend see who these players are."
Magic- "Nope, Skiles just got off the scrap heap. he wants WCS."
Kings- "This is Vlade. Yes?" "This is Vivek. No."
Nuggets- "No."
Pistons- "Sure. WTF are we doing anyways?"
Hornets- "No, thanks for matching Hayward. Jerks."
Heat- "not until we know what Wade is doing."
Pacers- "OK."
Jazz- "Yes!"