What's new

How has the virus affected you directly?

Man....y'all better start looking into buying portable defibrillators.

I hear Microsoft is coming out with one this year.

if that is not a fake news :) then i should go back to school again; when was full version of MS Word included with the Windows license? Win 95 included Wordpad and you were able to purchase MS Works which included a lite Word kind of program?
During the MSDOS period printer manufacturers had to anyway make drivers to different programs, because DOS did not included a unified layer for printing?
****, I don't know. I know I bought WordPerfect back in the day but had MS Word on my PC (family PC that I monopolized). I didn't buy it, my dad didn't buy it, no one else in my house ever bought any software. Long time ago, so who ****ing knows? I do know that "reveal codes" was a life saving feature that was easy to use on WP but I never once was able to find it on MS Word.

The virus has affected me directly by creating a situation where I'm talking about software I used in middle school and high school in the early 90s.
Did you or your family had MSX, C64 or Amiga 500 before PC XT/AT became affordable/widespread?
During the soviet time i was little bit sad when watching Finnish TV ads about Amiga and Amiga games. We had to do basic :) Basic and Pascal programming using SM4 (or CM4), DVK (another soviet computer) and on good days got first glimpse of Wordstar, Multiplan and dBase either on Yamaha MSX or Microbee. I was around 12-14 years old then and once a week had a chance to visit computer class at the university, where my uncle worked.

Did you or your family had MSX, C64 or Amiga 500 before PC XT/AT became affordable/widespread?
During the soviet time i was little bit sad when watching Finnish TV ads about Amiga and Amiga games. We had to do basic :) Basic and Pascal programming using SM4 (or CM4), DVK (another soviet computer) and on good days got first glimpse of Wordstar, Multiplan and dBase either on Yamaha MSX or Microbee. I was around 12-14 years old then and once a week had a chance to visit computer class at the university, where my uncle worked.
In the early 80s my dad had a Commodore 64 and subscription to Omni magazine (at least I think that was the one, if not then Popular Science) and they had code on the last page or two that you could use to write your own program. I remember one that was like Pac-Man but with basic characters.

Wow! Check the estimates for your own state. Roughly 1 in 3 Americans have already been infected, or about 120 million. In my own state of RI, roughly 41% have been infected since it all started....

Received my first vaccine shot today - nice to at least feel like I'm back on the road to some semblance of normalcy.

Also, just in case - Bill Gates is our greatest national treasure and a god damned good looking man.
How the heck did you get yours already? Were you in group 1A or whatever it was?

How the heck did you get yours already? Were you in group 1A or whatever it was?

My wife works for Dept. of Health in Plainfield. A big issue that they've been having is people cancelling or not showing up for their vaccination appointments. They're at about 20% cancels or no shows - and there is a potential for the doses to spoil if they go unused. So they created a first come, first serve waiting list for any leftover doses. The catch is you have to drop whatever you're doing and be there in like half an hour - and even then you're not guaranteed a shot. For example, they'll call maybe 20 people for 10 doses.

Anyway, my wife offered to put me on the waiting list and I agreed thinking nothing will come of it and they called me about 2 weeks later. I drove down, got vaccinated and was in and out in about 15 minutes. Once you get a first shot, you're automatically put on the schedule for the second one - I get that on Feb 27.

Full disclosure - it's supposed to be for Plainfield residents. I got there they just asked me my name. They never asked for ID or proof of address.

My wife works for Dept. of Health in Plainfield. A big issue that they've been having is people cancelling or not showing up for their vaccination appointments. They're at about 20% cancels or no shows - and there is a potential for the doses to spoil if they go unused. So they created a first come, first serve waiting list for any leftover doses. The catch is you have to drop whatever you're doing and be there in like half an hour - and even then you're not guaranteed a shot. For example, they'll call maybe 20 people for 10 doses.

Anyway, my wife offered to put me on the waiting list and I agreed thinking nothing will come of it and they called me about 2 weeks later. I drove down, got vaccinated and was in and out in about 15 minutes. Once you get a first shot, you're automatically put on the schedule for the second one - I get that on Feb 27.

Full disclosure - it's supposed to be for Plainfield residents. I got there they just asked me my name. They never asked for ID or proof of address.
I've been thinking that a significant issue with the quick rollout of the vaccine is this rigid priority list. Good to see that they're getting unused doses out to standbys.

I've been thinking that a significant issue with the quick rollout of the vaccine is this rigid priority list. Good to see that they're getting unused doses out to standbys.

Im still waiting for mine, honestly thought id have a date for my first jab by now.

Other than that, good news im seeing some cash from my bar which i will reinvest into fixing my ****ing car. We've had an outbreak of 11 cases, guys at work are hoping for more so we get free parking again.