What's new

How would you grade Will Hardy this season?

How would you grade Will Hardy this season?

• A+

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • A

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • B+

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • B

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • B-

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • C+

• C

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D+

• D

• D-

• F

• Incomplete - he’ll get a higher grade from me if we make the playoffs

• Incomplete - he’ll get a higher grade from me if he improves the tank

• A-

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

David Stern

Now that we’re going into tank mode, it feels appropriate to begin discussing how we feel about Coach Hardy’s season. I think regardless of what happens the last ~20 games, he’s been a great coach this year with a bright future. Curious if others agree or not

Some aspects that I really like, some that I don't. I think the team building, getting players to buy in, everyone accepting their role etc. is an A+. All season everyone's bought into him, his concepts and this team 100 %. And there could've easily been trouble: THT and NAW for example were 5 and 6 on the guard depth chart and often DNPs, Sexton's last season full season was 24ppg etc.

And of course you have to give him credit for what Lauri and Walker have done this season.

Also the way the team handled what happened at the deadline is a credit to Hardy.

Then some actual in-game coaching I'm not that happy about. Especially end of game decisions have sometimes been really puzzling. And we rarely see the team do the "right" thing whether it's fouling or not fouling, 2-for-1s and so on. I guess that might be more of the rookie side of Hardy and stuff that you can only learn by making decisions - which he hadn't done before.

So, overall B+.

Now that we’re going into tank mode...
Either we did or we didn't at the deadline - that decision was made.

I gave an A... A+ aren't a real thing.

In game stuff, system, style of play is all cool and stuff but really he gets an A cuz his reactions crack me up. For reals though... he has done a great job.

I gave him a B+. I think that he has some rotational issues, and there hasn't been a lot of clarity on what his goal is this year. But he has done an amazing job getting the most out of our best player (Lauri) when nobody else has even tried in his career. And he recognized the gold in Kessler and gave him his chance to explode.

It's going to be a strong A for me. He's putting players in places to be very successful and grow their games. The camaraderie of the team seems very strong also.

I agree with everyone else, hard to give him anything but an A. The emergence of Lauri and Kessler combined with the team being far more competitive than anyone would've thought possible at the start of the season is very impressive.

A+

Installing a system that works and elevates players, developing players, making adjustments, keeping spirit and winning mentality and culture up all year...

Sure there has been some bad clock management situation etc.. but on a Rookie HC scale I dont see any way to give anything but the highest grade.

Also one thing that hasnt been mentioned is how he carries himself in front of the media.

Very smart, thoughtful and actually saying things instead of throwing out flat buzzwords. His jokes are also great but the delivery is so horrible no one ever laughs.

My favourite was after one high turnover game where he poked on the unis saying: "We had the yellow jerseys so shouldnt be hard to see who is on our team"

B+, quite a good first season. Lauri and Kessler improve a lot, Mike got his best season in assist/TO. Promising coach.

When we hired him I thought he's gonna be Hoiberg 2.0. He will be gone after 2 seasons. Now I want to extend him. 8 years minimum

A

A+. Several team members done great things. Mike has career high assists numbers. Rookies has been used well and even scrubs look better than would look in most teams. He got all of them bought into his thing and JC has een most of the season the most polished guard he can be - even I and other posters have sometimes critiqued him JC has been as good as U get it from him. And of course Lauri having one of the greatest stories in the league - gotta give credit to the coach. Championship in the future is inevitable.

Last edited: