What's new

I Hope This Is One That We Wished Didn't Get Away

homeytennis

Last night in the Golden State-Denver game James McAdoo was the leading scorer with 20 points with 16 scored in the 4th quarter. I was interested to see how our alums did. Both Rush and Justin Holliday were scoreless. Mr. McAdoo was undrafted this year and I realize is a tad undersized for a big but he got this in 20 minutes of PT and also snagged 7 boards.

While it is the preseason, I thought the flack McAdoo recieved for not progressing was overstated. I think he will have a place in the league.

I thought McAdoo might be a good choice with our early second. Had he had a stronger college season, even with our late first.
Pretty happy with Booker. You can only have so many players. I see Booker and Kanter maybe even splitting minutes equally. Trevor has been impressive.

The difference between a freshman and a senior in college is:
A freshman is being drafted based on projections.

Juniors and Seniors are selected mostly on production and strengths/weaknesses.

Sophomores are in a tricky spot often age-wise. I'd say progression in development is the key factor when it comes to these guys.

And then there are also 7 footer. They have their own rules ;)

I think the real issue is he probably has basically zero upside as a pro player too. Can be a decent PF off the bench at best. Nothing wrong with that, just not what most teams are spending high picks on.

While it is the preseason, I thought the flack McAdoo recieved for not progressing was overstated. I think he will have a place in the league.

I don't think that was the only reason he slipped on draft night. I heard or read something that suggested he had other issues. But the league is full of guys with issues, maybe he will be able to keep his nose clean, sniff, sniff. And maybe he won't huff and puff about his role once the season starts and he is only getting toke-n playing time. Regardless, I don't see him as a Jazz or Spurs type player.

He has the kind of game that suggest he might be a better pro than college player because he will benefit from improved spacing that college can not provide. He will still probably suck though. Lock thread on that basis of it being about James Michael MacAdoo.

I opened this thread expecting it to be about Jarnell Stokes. I'd much rather have him instead of Steve Novak and two 2nd round picks.

So far, in 5 games, Stokes has averaged 12 minutes per game, 3.4 rebounds per game and 5.4 points per game. Not bad for a 2nd round pick. I still wish they'd have kept him and shipped him to Idaho for the season.

I thought McAdoo might be a good choice with our early second. Had he had a stronger college season, even with our late first.
Pretty happy with Booker. You can only have so many players. I see Booker and Kanter maybe even splitting minutes equally. Trevor has been impressive.

Lol at even thinking of drafting that bum in the first round (or the early second).

He's not good.

He obviously showed that in his final college season. IIRC, he was in the 20's on many preseason draft boards.

That's fine. If you had ever watched him at any point during college, you knew he was a bum. I don't give two ****s what some ****ty preseason draft board says.