What's new

I Like Elijah Millsap

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Dudes seems like he could be our best wing defender. Might be a little too aggressive pressing quicker guards, but I like his intensity. Dude could not be screened tonight. Nearly knocked West down fighting through a screen. Really refreshing seeing that after watching Burke and Burks become chalk outlines every time a screen happens.

I liked him too... I get what the front office sees in him. The other trial guys i just didn't see it.

I liked him too... I get what the front office sees in him. The other trial guys i just didn't see it.

Yeah, a lot of D-League guys come in and understand they have to be aggressive and give effort on D, but look super outmatched against NBA talent when doing so. I didn't get that feeling from Baby Sap. He can hang.

Elijah looks like he belonged physically-- especially on D. He really can't shoot from outside so he was doing Tony Allen style cuts that worked sometimes and screwed things up sometimes. He did drive to pass several times. At 27 he isn't going to magically find a jumpshot. He seemed to pass and defer to a fault as well, but I expect that might have been nerves. As an emergency wing player we could do worse.

I like him tonight, he had a couple of 'drive and dish' plays for Gobert and Favors. I hope this game wasn't a fluke or just him being super excited for his first game. If he has 80% of this effort every night then I think we found a great 2nd-3rd string guy.

In the sense Elijah didn't look for his offense. He was more concerned with just passing and playing defense.
For a guy who hasn't practiced with the team, I thought he did ok. First NBA game, he plays 18 mins, gets 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and as you said earlier, was aggressive in fighting through the screen. He'll be offered another 10-day contract when this one ends and then signed for the remainder of the season.

Dudes seems like he could be our best wing defender. Might be a little too aggressive pressing quicker guards, but I like his intensity. Dude could not be screened tonight. Nearly knocked West down fighting through a screen. Really refreshing seeing that after watching Burke and Burks become chalk outlines every time a screen happens.

Agreed with all of this. I liked his additude before the game. He just said he was going to focus on defense, and playing hard. Just what we need.

In the sense Elijah didn't look for his offense. He was more concerned with just passing and playing defense.
For a guy who hasn't practiced with the team, I thought he did ok. First NBA game, he plays 18 mins, gets 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and as you said earlier, was aggressive in fighting through the screen. He'll be offered another 10-day contract when this one ends and then signed for the remainder of the season.

Yeah a lot of DL guys try to prove they belong by shooting every time they touched the ball - see Brian Christopher. EM is no kid though he's probably been around long enough to know what it takes to get noticed

Yeah a lot of DL guys try to prove they belong by shooting every time they touched the ball - see Brian Christopher. EM is no kid though he's probably been around long enough to know what it takes to get noticed

He played on the DLeague team in Vegas in 13 I think that Alex Jensen coached. I think that team came close to winning the league.

Can he be the next Diante story? He was a player...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk