What's new

I Like Elijah Millsap

what many said about Carroll, mind you.
If only Utah had a great player development coach who could work with Elijah like Snyder did in Atlanta with Carroll. Oh, wait....!
Damn, I'm loving the Snyder hire. Might be the most important decision Lindsey has made...and that includes drafting Gobert.

If only Utah had a great player development coach who could work with Elijah like Snyder did in Atlanta with Carroll. Oh, wait....!
Damn, I'm loving the Snyder hire. Might be the most important decision Lindsey has made...and that includes drafting Gobert.

I'm totally happy with the Q hire, too. But this has been in the back of my head: while we were treading water with Corbin for 2.5 years, ATL got Coach Bud, who is DEFINITELY BAD ***. Hopefully Q is his equal. Things look good, but only time will tell. Hopefully he's gotten steadier and more indefatigable since Missou.

Millsap is so much improved from when I saw him during the summer league.

Williams has good on the ball defense so he deserves a chance also.

Why? We have 15 roster spots. Williams is also known as a good defender. I'd start Millsap and bring in Williams behind him. Ingles should back up Hayward.

Don't think we are keeping both. Traditionally we've kept one roster spot open. When hood is ready my guess is williams is gone.

Threes against OKC were probably an outlier.
Right, I don't expect 75%, but he is decent from 3.
ESap is well above average as a perimeter defender (that is, if the past two games are sufficient evidence). In the DLeague, he was trying to score in a variety of ways -- ways that won't translate too well to the NBA. With that in mind, if he were to focus on his 3pt shot as the place where his offense begins, then I can see him becoming reliable. Isn't league average something like 36%? He can get there. There's nothing terribly wrong with his form.
He averaged 36.1 from 3 in the D-league. I don't see why he can't replicate that. Also check out his shot charts. He is a career 29/69 42% from the corner 3. I noticed it is the shot he prefers. He also knows his limits, I noticed he passed up a wide open long 2 (he is much worse from there). Seems to be pretty smart. Not a bad signing so far.

Check out his D-leaugue shot charts:
https://stats.nbadleague.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=202407&Season=2012-13

Excuse me? Burks is a great scorer and a generally fantastic player. You're comparing him to this scrub? wow.
Burks is a great scorer. But terrible defender, and terrible passer. He does not work well in the offense we are running and I'm not sure he ever will. Right now Burks is a better player than Millsap and probably always will be. But maybe not for this team. Burks is a ball stopper and bad defender. I hope he can get better but frankly the offense has looked better when I was able to see with Millsap that it was most of the time with Burks. Actually it looks better with Ingles as well. And he's definitely not the player Burks is.

m7B70JA.gif