What's new

I LOVE Aaron Gordon and we should trade Kanter

Would you trade Kanter and #23 if it meant getting Nik Stauskas or Tyler Ennis?

• Yes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Cheez-Its are freakin awesome

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Batman

Aaron Gordon is a freak, and I mean that in a good way. I love his handle, his passing, his athleticism and his motor. If we pass on him, I'll be bummed.

Watching this gives me goosebumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXWrMc2asag

One of the Jazz coaches said that the reason Favors struggled defensively this last season is because he's undersized to play the 5. Kanter isn't a 5 either. I don't think it is smart to have Kanter and Favors together as our front court of the future.

Would you trade Kanter and #23 if it meant getting Stauskas or Tyler Ennis? I would.

Imagine our lineup

Trey Burke/Tyler Ennis
Gordon Hayward/Alec Burks/ Stauskas? (too many 2 guards perhaps.)
Aaron Gordon/Gordon Hayward
Derrick Favors/Marvin Williams
Rudy Gobert/ Ante Tomic

Small Ball Lineup

Trey Burke/ Maybe Ennis
Alec Burks
Gordon Hayward
Aaron Gordon
Derrick Favors

No.

I actually think Kanter is the player that will make more playable assuming Kanter actually has a legit 3pt shot.

Stauskus, maybe. Ennis, no. We have Neto so they'll probably bring him over or sign a couple free agents.

I wouldnt include 23 with kanter.

I don't buy Favors being undersized as a 5. Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh are smaller than Favors.

Nah, Howard is and inch taller than Favors and honestly a little more athletic or atleast his body has shown to hold up more. Favors had a big time problem last season with fatigue and running the floor hard. I think Howard, though potentially lacking the desire at times, is physically more capable. I am also thinking Howard is stronger than Favors. He sure as hell looks it.

And Bosh really isnt a 5, he is a 4. The only reason they can win titles with him at the 5 (sometimes) is because they have King James playing the 4.

Pretty excited about Gordon now, too, but trying not to be as I'm sure it'll mean hello Julius. I think this year might be too soon to give up on Kanter. I'd like to see how several of our current players work with the Mighty Quin.

Love A. Gordon.

But Kanter would easily be a top 6 pick in this draft. Could've been in this draft too, considering he just turned 22 a couple of weeks ago.

I wish we had actually played Favors and kanter together and Gobert off the bench last year so we could make a good guess as to what kind of players they were. Instead, we have no idea what those 3 can do.

Nah, Howard is and inch taller than Favors and honestly a little more athletic or atleast his body has shown to hold up more. Favors had a big time problem last season with fatigue and running the floor hard. I think Howard, though potentially lacking the desire at times, is physically more capable. I am also thinking Howard is stronger than Favors. He sure as hell looks it.

And Bosh really isnt a 5, he is a 4. The only reason they can win titles with him at the 5 (sometimes) is because they have King James playing the 4.

Howard is 6'10 if that. I agree he's the better athlete, but most 5's in the league are more pounders than athletes. Not sure what the fatigue comments has to do with his position. If anything guarding PF's require more movement. Most centers play near the basket.

Last edited:
Kanter had better net us Stauskas plus something all by himself. Why would we include the 23rd?

If we got a couple lottery picks for Kanter then maybe I would. Like Stauskas and McBuckets or Stauskas and Warren.

I wish we had actually played Favors and kanter together and Gobert off the bench last year so we could make a good guess as to what kind of players they were. Instead, we have no idea what those 3 can do.

Which is why I'm looking forward to having an entire coaching staff devoted to player development. I'm expecting to see a lot of different lineup combinations this year to see exactly what all of these lottery picks are really capable of.

Lol at all these desperate calls to trade this guy or that guy. Draft BPA and look into any and all trade scenarios regardless of who the guy(s) going out is.

So much this. I know we don't run our organization this way, but Lindsey should have asked strongly that kanter and favors play together a tin during the second half of the season. A couple extra losses could have really helped.

Kanter had better net us Stauskas plus something all by himself. Why would we include the 23rd?

If we got a couple lottery picks for Kanter then maybe I would. Like Stauskas and McBuckets or Stauskas and Warren.

You are dreaming... Kanter wouldn't get us one lottery pick in this years draft.