What's new

I love Al Jefferson Thread

boozer is a better rebounder, better offensive player.
and the same defensivly

I disagree. Boozer benefited a lot playing for Sloan and with DWill where he got unlimited opportunities to score. Just see how his PPG skyrocketed after joining Jazz and dropped after playing for Bulls. big AL on the other hand had his best PPG season not with Jazz and it was 2 pts/average more then Boozer. Individually in the low post big AL is much better offensive player then Boozer and it is not even close. But Boozer is better in pick and roll - thus depending more on good PG and right offensive system.
And give me a break but there is no worse defensive player in NBA then Boozer. He is the worst big man defending in the paint - period.

A lot of hate on this board for big al and I have no reason why? Comparing him to boozer isn't right, he's better offensively and defensively. And he's by far our best player and has been for 2 years. Why does everyone want to trade him? We need to resign him! Are we too used to Malone that we want to trade every PF we get?

images

Don't you realize that Favors is the next Malone and Kanter is Dirk Nowitzki?

Most of us loves Al, but with him we know how far we can go and he would not improve his game anymore. He would convey us to a point, as he did last year, but thats not enough. We got talented young bigs and we need room for them and we impatiently waiting for how far we can go with them. Thats why most of us want him traded and i dont think its hating.

A lot of hate on this board for big al and I have no reason why? Comparing him to boozer isn't right, he's better offensively and defensively. And he's by far our best player and has been for 2 years. Why does everyone want to trade him? We need to resign him! Are we too used to Malone that we want to trade every PF we get?

good thread. first of all, I'm not one of them, I actually think he saves jazz team's *** when the bench lacks success in offense. he is very talented as a post-move player. I won't list his down sides here at this topic, many know it all. but usually people hate him over his extra high salary, his defense, or him being a wall against the growth of favors and kanter. so if you'll play big al, you have to get rid of one or two of the other bigs. if you don't, you will not be able to make them better players and this will lead to team's capacity go down, or their trade value as well. but as a player, of course he is very good. and as a person, he is also better than most of the star players.

Boozer isn't as reliable a scorer as Jefferson imo. DWill made Boozer look better than he is by getting him the ball in the few spots he could score.
corbin makes jefferson look better then he is by forcing every godd dammed single time down the floor in half court set to go through jefferson

Boozer isn't as reliable a scorer as Jefferson imo. DWill made Boozer look better than he is by getting him the ball in the few spots he could score.
What does this even mean? Does Al score from more spots on the floor than Boozer?

And I think you might be surprised to learn that Boozer has still managed to score 18.7 pp36 in Chicago with a TS% of .539. Al has averaged 19.3 pp36 with a TS% of .524 in Utah.

Of course, this is ignoring the fact that Boozer played his first season in Utah without Deron and Al has played 30% of his games in Utah with Deron. Boozer provided more volume, more efficiently in those games (18.5 pp36 on .560 TS% vs. 17.7 pp36 on .521 TS%).

I love Big Al. He can't defend his shadow, but he has worked on his low-post game to be low-post threat every night. He is up against players who are taller than he is every night. Big Al is who he is, a flawed player who tries hard every night. I just wish he could move better on defense.

What does this even mean? Does Al score from more spots on the floor than Boozer?

And I think you might be surprised to learn that Boozer has still managed to score 18.7 pp36 in Chicago with a TS% of .539. Al has averaged 19.3 pp36 with a TS% of .524 in Utah.

Of course, this is ignoring the fact that Boozer played his first season in Utah without Deron and Al has played 30% of his games in Utah with Deron. Boozer provided more volume, more efficiently in those games (18.5 pp36 on .560 TS% vs. 17.7 pp36 on .521 TS%).

How do the efficiency numbers compare when you factor in TOs as FGAs?

I love Big Al. He can't defend his shadow, but he has worked on his low-post game to be low-post threat every night. He is up against players who are taller than he is every night. Big Al is who he is, a flawed player who tries hard every night. I just wish he could move better on defense.

really?

he did not even try versus the spurs in the playoff.
he quit before the game even started.
he does not try on defense

Yes, and the Spurs are a better team with better players and a bette coach. The outcome wasnt surprising.

but still you can try to win 1 or 2 games.
OMFG this is beyond retarded.

go back and watch it
carol tried.
favors tried
kanter tried
heck even harris tried at certain times.

al jefferson just rolled over like a dog to his master