What's new

I posted a thread on realgm on how I see the offseason going.

I posted in the RealGM thread as well. The Jazz have to make an assessment as to whether Dante Exum's body can hold up throughout an NBA season. He's probably going to need his minutes to be limited to 25 mins/night for a while to see if he can handle the load. He also has to expand his game and use his speed and lunging more selectively.

What the Jazz need is not just another shooter, but a 3-level scorer who can create his own look. Julius Randle is intriguing because he can play on the ball and break the paint. He passes well enough to potentially run a 4/5 pick and role with Gobert. Plus he'll rebound and score at the rim better than Crowder. Both Niang and Grayson are playable as shooters and floor spacers. The Jazz need to teach Grayson to 'stay home' on defense and stop overreacting to every little jab and fake. He gets taken off the dribble way too much.

The Jazz are more than likely to bring in a new PG with experience in order to take the load off both Dante and Donovan. That PG could be in the mold of a Patrick Beverly, Darren Collison or possibly a guy like Goran Dragic. In any case, expect them to bring someone new in.

Royce O'Neale is probably going to take some of Joe Ingles' minutes, as he did during the playoffs. For better or worse, he's our poor mans' version of Andre Iguodala right now. If he can keep shooting 37%+ on his open 3s and stop stepping out of bounds when he drives, he's a legit rotation player.

I think Quin would move Donovan to point guard and make O'Neale the starting 2 guard rather than start Exum.

I posted in the RealGM thread as well. The Jazz have to make an assessment as to whether Dante Exum's body can hold up throughout an NBA season. He's probably going to need his minutes to be limited to 25 mins/night for a while to see if he can handle the load. He also has to expand his game and use his speed and lunging more selectively.

What the Jazz need is not just another shooter, but a 3-level scorer who can create his own look. Julius Randle is intriguing because he can play on the ball and break the paint. He passes well enough to potentially run a 4/5 pick and role with Gobert. Plus he'll rebound and score at the rim better than Crowder. Both Niang and Grayson are playable as shooters and floor spacers. The Jazz need to teach Grayson to 'stay home' on defense and stop overreacting to every little jab and fake. He gets taken off the dribble way too much.

The Jazz are more than likely to bring in a new PG with experience in order to take the load off both Dante and Donovan. That PG could be in the mold of a Patrick Beverly, Darren Collison or possibly a guy like Goran Dragic. In any case, expect them to bring someone new in.

Royce O'Neale is probably going to take some of Joe Ingles' minutes, as he did during the playoffs. For better or worse, he's our poor mans' version of Andre Iguodala right now. If he can keep shooting 37%+ on his open 3s and stop stepping out of bounds when he drives, he's a legit rotation player.
Exum has never averaged playing as many as 25 minutes a game and his body still implodes.

If we haven't yet figured out that Exum's body can't hold up for an NBA season, then god help us.