What's new

I'd rather have Kemba than Klay

Even Christie is out of your league. Only your right hand for you Slapper. Internal development as DL says, pitchez/(with a b)

Yep! I am perfectly ok with being as distant from any league your familiar with. Your mother is in my league and knows I make it to every base. While you enjoy her basement, I enjoy her bedroom.

To all you dudes picking Klay in this hypothetical,

On offense, we have a massive problem when it comes to putting pressure on the rim. Klay does nothing to solve this problem.

We don't have nearly as big of a problem as putting pressure on the rim as we do putting the ball in the basket. Throughout the series with the Rockets, we missed wide open 3 after wide open 3. I watched it, and I hope you did too. Klay absolutely does something to solve that problem. Kemba does as well. Jrue does as well. Wow, I just realized, I think we have a problem and I think we need a change!!!!

This is news to me. Mitchell gets there all the time, even Ingles gets there now and again and Gobert not only led the league in ducks but it’s the most since they started keeping track of that stat. Still think it’s a massive problem? Hell even Exum (rest in peace)drove to the hoop.
There's a difference between getting to the paint and getting to the rim. Mitchell is very good at getting to the paint but he really struggles to get by secondary defenders at the rim, Ingles is good at it from a secondary playmaker roll but he really struggles against playoff level defense since he doesn't have the speed or athleticism to blow past guys and his tricks get scouted out more, and Gobert/Favors are only as good at being rim threats as the pick and roll ball handlers are at passing, which Donovan still needs a ton of work on and even Rubio hasn't been great at finding them on the lob and instead choosing to throw tough to catch bounce passes at them a lot more. Ironically Exum is the best guy at getting the ball to the bigs on the roll (or the pop for Favors) despite being a trash finisher at the rim himself and having no jump shooting game to speak of.

Yep! I am perfectly ok with being as distant from any league your familiar with. Your mother is in my league and knows I make it to every base. While you enjoy her basement, I enjoy her bedroom.

My mother is a senior citizen and lives on another continent away from me. And that just proves that you enjoy your right hand, lakers_sucker.

This is like high school when you and your buddies would discuss which girl you'd rather date/sleep with, but the girls in question were all so far out of your league, it wasn't even funny.
This I can relate with!!! lol

Um, duh?
But we need more perimeter players who can put pressure on the rim. Look at the teams that are still playing well in the 2nd round. A common theme: two perimeter ball handlers who can break you down and get to the rim efficiently. And it isn't like Kemba doesn't have serious gravity as a 3-pt shooter.. Like, he has plenty.
I see a perimeter player that puts pressure on the basket as a far lower priority than a guy that can make shots. If it's easier for Mitchell and the bigs to put pressure on the rim because of spacing that helps solve the problem you see. I see that as a minor problem. I see that we have the worst % of made wide open threes as a far bigger concern. I also don't see why we want to take the ball away from Mitchell. Kemba takes the ball away from Mitchell while being an inferior defender and shooter to Klay.

I'd rather have Klay, I see him as a far better fit. This is probably all a moot point because they are unlikely to get either of them.

I like both and would be happy with either. But if we somehow had a choice I would prefer Klay and its not really close. Jazz and everyone in the NBA need good perimeter defense, length, and elite shooting. Klay gives you both of those. Kemba gives you none of those. Kemba can create more for himself, but the Jazz system does not need that as much. Kemba is 6'1" and shot 35.6% from 3 this year which is his career average. That is basically what Rubio shot last year.

A big reason you don't see Klay getting to the rim is who he plays with. If he had a larger on ball role, you'd see him drive a lot more. With a creator the likes of KD or Stef there is not a lot of need for Klay to be in that role.

I see a perimeter player that puts pressure on the basket as a far lower priority than a guy that can make shots. If it's easier for Mitchell and the bigs to put pressure on the rim because of spacing that helps solve the problem you see. I see that as a minor problem. I see that we have the worst % of made wide open threes as a far bigger concern. I also don't see why we want to take the ball away from Mitchell. Kemba takes the ball away from Mitchell while being an inferior defender and shooter to Klay.

I'd rather have Klay, I see him as a far better fit. This is probably all a moot point because they are unlikely to get either of them.
You need corrective eyewear.

I'd take Klay
From the bay
Cause he's like to play
Two way
And that tray!
It's all day!
Put him next to dontay
He will punk like Nene'
Know what I say?

Thanks Happy Gilmore! RIP Bubbs!

Last edited:
You need corrective eyewear.
Thanks for the win. You have no argument so you attack. Typical POS poster that you are. Try and have a reasonable disagreement and when you run out of arguments you attack. FU going back on ignore. I had you off for almost a week, now I remember why I had you there. Worst poster on this board, good bye.

Thanks for the win. You have no argument so you attack. Typical POS poster that you are. Try and have a reasonable disagreement and when you run out of arguments you attack. FU going back on ignore. I had you off for almost a week, now I remember why I had you there. Worst poster on this board, good bye.
You going to leave before some soft momma joke happens? How are you going to report me?? Any flexing from you is the epitome of oxymoronic.

the word "see" appears six times in this one post. I make a joke about corrective eyewear and the dude gets insta-huffy. Funny.

I also don't see why we want to take the ball away from Mitchell. Kemba takes the ball away from Mitchell...

I get and agree with a lot of your argument, but this part is a non-issue regarding any acquisition. Mitchell doesnt need the ball more and there is plenty of ball to go around even with him getting the ball at his current rate of having the ball a lot.

Sounds like Klay has been unhappy getting the crumbs that fall his way.
Can we pitch him on getting wide open looks off screens? Also, there is only 1 other primary scorer. He'd be playing wuth a 5 who doesn't demand the ball and a 3 who is great at distributing and doesn't take a lot of shots.