What's new

If Favors played with heart like Steven Adams

So Favors is what? 25? Yup, he's over the hill...

Did somebody say that he is over the hill? I think he's an awesome PF, but the guy could play with a little more heart. We could bring the "what if" scenarios to the table all day long, but even at 24 years old he would be showing much more passion for the game than what he is showing currently.

Wow you sure got a lot of negative responses for a 5 lettered question. Yes Adams played with a lot of heart, not just in the Western Conference finals, but in the playoffs and the regular season in general. This is the kind of little think that makes a big difference to a team. I wouldn't say that Favors doesn't play with heart, but I would say that Favors hasn't found his inner venom. He is a very talented and a gifted power forward, but the Jazz in general lack multiple players that come on the court with the intent to be "game changers". Guys that play the game like they are out to prove others wrong regardless of media or opinions. Sometimes it only takes a few of these guys to get on the court and get the rest of the team on board. But that is something that players either have or don't. And no matter how talented they are or are not, that hungry factor never decreases. Trevor Booker seems to have that every time he steps on the court. He doesn't produce insane numbers,but sometimes you don't have to if you want to make a difference. He goes after loose balls, interrupts passes, and causes shots to go awry. We need more heart and there is no doubt about it. If a game is one the line, you will then see who has heart and who doesn't. The little things matter.
Thunder have westbrook and durant.

Jazz could get Steven Adams and it would make very little difference. Westbrook and durant are why the thunder are so good. You could exchange Adams with almost any other guy and they would still be awesome because they have 2 top 5 level players on their team

Thunder have westbrook and durant.

Jazz could get Steven Adams and it would make very little difference. Westbrook and durant are why the thunder are so good. You could exchange Adams with almost any other guy and they would still be awesome because they have 2 top 5 level players on their team

Someone did not watch the okc GSW series. Adams was the X factor. KD n Westbrook stank. Adams was the lifeblood for that team.

Someone did not watch the okc GSW series. Adams was the X factor. KD n Westbrook stank. Adams was the lifeblood for that team.
Nah. If favors was on okc and adams was on the jazz then people would have been like "look at how good favors is, he is so calm and composed and smooth. I wish Adams was more like favors."

I think favors (and most other bigs) would look great next too durant and westbrook.

For the record I absolutely love Favors, I think he brings a lot to the team, and its noticeable when he is hurt or not on the court. But part of me agrees with this post, I do wish he would show a bit more fight. Sometimes it appears that he disappears in games, and I don't know if that is because Snyder is trying to find someone else to score or if Favors isn't putting himself into the game as much as he could.

It'd be great if he was more vocal and if we saw him make a huge leap...but even if he doesn't he is a really good player and a fantastic contract...plus he is a good guy on the team, and one I think we can resign easily.

Nah. If favors was on okc and adams was on the jazz then people would have been like "look at how good favors is, he is so calm and composed and smooth. I wish Adams was more like favors."

I think favors (and most other bigs) would look great next too durant and westbrook.

For the record I absolutely love Favors, I think he brings a lot to the team, and its noticeable when he is hurt or not on the court. But part of me agrees with this post, I do wish he would show a bit more fight. Sometimes it appears that he disappears in games, and I don't know if that is because Snyder is trying to find someone else to score or if Favors isn't putting himself into the game as much as he could.

It'd be great if he was more vocal and if we saw him make a huge leap...but even if he doesn't he is a really good player and a fantastic contract...plus he is a good guy on the team, and one I think we can resign easily.

IAWBTP

Favors on the Thunder would be beast. I'm certain he would more than replace Adams. For one thing, he could take some pressure off Durant and Westbrook offensively. On the other hand, Adams' fire and passion had an incredible Joakim Noah-esque impact on that series. I would like to see the inner Favors pull that out from time to time. He's no junk yard dog but I bet he has it in him in a very important series.

Great post. This is exactly how I see it. Imagine if Favors showed up next year with Karl Malone's passion. He's got the tools to be a Karl Malone type player, but so far he doesn't have the mindset. Karl felt disrespected and motivated every single time he stepped on the court. Favors seems content.

Great post. This is exactly how I see it. Imagine if Favors showed up next year with Karl Malone's passion. He's got the tools to be a Karl Malone type player, but so far he doesn't have the mindset. Karl felt disrespected and motivated every single time he stepped on the court. Favors seems content.

I would buy those summertime VHS tapes.