What's new

If only we had a Big as NASTY as Zach Randolph...

D Will Texas

This guy is an animal. He's constantly in the face of the opponent talking trash and intimidating. Not too mention he's tough as nails and good at what he does.

I recognize Kanter n Favors have potential to be Bad Boys, but all i've seen is some fake mean stuff from Favors (Jarrett Jack and Barea come to mind) All the other times, he's getting punked (Nowitzki ball slap)

Any idea what it will take for Kanter or Favors to get mean? They're good players, but i don't think either can get mean. I hope i'm wrong as we haven't had this type of attitude in a long , long time

This guy is an animal. He's constantly in the face of the opponent talking trash and intimidating. Not too mention he's tough as nails and good at what he does.

I recognize Kanter n Favors have potential to be Bad Boys, but all i've seen is some fake mean stuff from Favors (Jarrett Jack and Barea come to mind) All the other times, he's getting punked (Nowitzki ball slap)

Any idea what it will take for Kanter or Favors to get mean? They're good players, but i don't think either can get mean. I hope i'm wrong as we haven't had this type of attitude in a long , long time

I think Randolph is grossly underrated by many NBA fans on account of his history. I think Randolph's reputation still suffers due to his past behavior, but he been a great acquisition for Memphis. It makes you wonder how so many teams let him go so easily. There aren't many players in the league who can put up his numbers.

Setting that aside, I think a large part of what makes Randolph thrive in Memphis is the fact that Marc Gasol is next to him. Gasol takes most, if not all, of the defensive burden and allows Randolph to focus on his strengths.

As far as the Jazz go, I think Favors and Kanter have the potential to compliment each other as well. Favors is clearly the better defensive player and Kanter is clearly the better offensive player. Kanter is also a better rebounder. Hopefully this will be the year that it becomes their team so we can see what they can do. Their potential, IMO, is as good as Gasol and Randolph and they're a lot younger so the future is bright.

I'm more of a fan of high character guys like Tim Duncan.

No need for Favors or Kanter to be the next KG or Z-Bo.

I agree that character is as important as talent and skill, although what's wrong with KG's character? I'm not a KG fan, but I don't recall any character issues.

The point was not that we need them to be the next Randolph, it was purely from a basketball perspective. Both Favors and Kanter seem to be high character guys, so there are no issues there.

I agree that character is as important as talent and skill, although what's wrong with KG's character? I'm not a KG fan, but I don't recall any character issues.

The point was not that we need them to be the next Randolph, it was purely from a basketball perspective. Both Favors and Kanter seem to be high character guys, so there are no issues there.

While I like Garnett's motor and skills, he is a dirty player.

we do

kanter and favors are both nasty and mean

Sap didn't used to be that big of a *****, then he decided to pull a Deron and develop a major Diva attitude.

Playing dirty has nothing to do with poor character. There may be some players who have both traits, but there are many who don't. I can see your point about KG, but don't necessarily agree that he's dirty, although he does go a bit too far with his antics at times.

KG would be the best big man teacher. Dude would turn favors into a monster. I dont get how people hate on KGs mentality, its just a more dramatic Noah. Dude gets in everybodys head and has the "**** everyone that isnt wearing my color" mentality.

Sap didn't used to be that big of a *****, then he decided to pull a Deron and develop a major Diva attitude.
Agree. I loved the Sap of 4-8 years ago, just liked I loved AK circa 2004. But we can't live in the past. When AK went all EMO I was one of the first to say he needed to be traded. And I wanted Paul to be dealt before the season started.

I agree. I think both deferred to the vets: Paul and Al. I think next season you'll see Kanter and Favors really take a charge.

Favors started taking more charges near the end of the season. He was also getting called for a lot of charges himself.

I'd rather have a player who shows great emotion than one who gets on the floor and starts choking another player.