What's new

If the Jazz don't resign JC then..

whatthe

I would go with Jarrell Brantley. Now hear me out. He does really well with the ball in his hands. He moves with power and finesse. He has a scoring touch and with three point shooters around him he could move the ball.

think Brantley would be a great number one option off the bench or six man off the bench. That's his strongest strength, being the focal point of a offense. I think he would excel at it against other bench players.

If JC walks then there are a handful of guys we could get for the BAE imo. They won’t be as good a scorer but might be more well rounded.

Nah, Brantley isn't near refined enough for that kind of role. I do agree that he would have trouble fitting in as a role player who doesn't touch the ball much. But that is a huge detriment to Brantley, and a reason he might never make the league. He can do a lot of stuff, but nothing at an NBA level.

He needs to focus on his three biggest strengths with the Stars and figure out a way he can contribute in an NBA game.

He is so, so, so far away from being a sixth man. Even for a terrible team.

I would go with Jarrell Brantley. Now hear me out. He does really well with the ball in his hands. He moves with power and finesse. He has a scoring touch and with three point shooters around him he could move the ball.

think Brantley would be a great number one option off the bench or six man off the bench. That's his strongest strength, being the focal point of a offense. I think he would excel at it against other bench players.
Let’s be real, he’s not coming in this year and making us forget about JC’s offense from the bench over night. He’s never even been a rotational player for us yet. Take off the jazz colored glasses

Brantley looks so good in his highlights as the number one option. Would it be good for him to be a complimentary player? Maybe not. The Jazz bench absolutely sucked so why not give him a shot?

I think there are a lot of guys we could use BAE on and get some production:

Rivers, Teague, Temple, Napier... I also like Jordan McGlaughlin, Chris Chiozza as budget options.

If JC bails then Conley's role becomes more important and you look for a guy that can fit with Mike, DM, Joe. Another option I'd consider is Delon Wright if the Mavs want to dump him for our expiring deals.

Not only those guys... but you could likely keep Mudiay on a minimum deal. Spend the money on a defensive wing/shooter and you might come out okay.

If we are desperate to keep Conley, then losing JC isn't the biggest loss in my opinion. We don't have to have both guys. Whichever one we have should come off the bench. No reason to spend $45 million ($35 on Mike and $10 on JC) for two defensively limited undersized shoot first PGs.

If we are desperate to keep Conley, then losing JC isn't the biggest loss in my opinion. We don't have to have both guys. Whichever one we have should come off the bench. No reason to spend $45 million ($35 on Mike and $10 on JC) for two defensively limited undersized shoot first PGs.
The hard cap is also like $139M so if we keep JC around 10M then we literally can't use the MLE without dumping Ed for nothing. Once you use the MLE you are hard capped. Its no longer a matter of will the owner spend... its a matter of having to dump a bad deal in order to use the exception.

I think we may end up keeping JC and using the smaller taxpayer MLE and then if you can dump Ed later you do it to save money. Honestly... there aren't a lot of guys I'd use full MLE on anyway.