What's new

If these players are your options in the draft, who are you picking for the Jazz?

Who are you selecting for the Jazz

• Anthony Black

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Gradey Dick

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keyonte George

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Taylor Hendricks

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • GG Jackson

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nick Smith Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cason Wallace

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Let's say the Jazz end up with the 8th pick in the draft. Wemby, Scoot, Amen, Walker, Miller, Whitmore and Ausur have all been taken. Who would you choose for the Jazz with the next pick?

Taylor Hendricks. But wouldn’t hate it if the Jazz went with Cason Wallace at that spot either.

There are guards worth looking at here if you're the Jazz (who needs a guard). There's Wallace, there's Black and there's George. So the Jazz can simply choose which one suits the blueprint they're putting together. I could see that debate coming down to Wallace and George. I think Anthony Black is ultimately a defensive-minded 2/3. If the Jazz love him, they'd take him, but I'm not sure I see a clear role for him.

If Hendricks blows the Jazz away in workouts, I guess you take Hendricks and see which guard you like is available with the Minnesota pick, if any.

There are guards worth looking at here if you're the Jazz (who needs a guard). There's Wallace, there's Black and there's George. So the Jazz can simply choose which one suits the blueprint they're putting together. I could see that debate coming down to Wallace and George. I think Anthony Black is ultimately a defensive-minded 2/3. If the Jazz love him, they'd take him, but I'm not sure I see a clear role for him.

If Hendricks blows the Jazz away in workouts, I guess you take Hendricks and see which guard you like is available with the Minnesota pick, if any.
I still give preference to the length and upside of the wings in this draft. I really don’t care if the Jazz draft any guards tbh. Assuming we don’t jump up into the top 4 picks, I’m hoping for Taylor Hendricks, GG Jackson and then draft their highest rated player at any position at #27. If that guy is a guard, great.

I still give preference to the length and upside of the wings in this draft. I really don’t care if the Jazz draft any guards tbh. Assuming we don’t jump up into the top 4 picks, I’m hoping for Taylor Hendricks, GG Jackson and then draft their highest rated player at any position at #27. If that guy is a guard, great.

For the Jazz to miss out on both Thompsons, Walker and Whitmore would be brutal. I think the next group would include Hendricks, GG and maybe Sidy. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz pick a guard (George/Wallace) and a wing (Hendricks/GG) with their first 2 picks. That Minny pick can't slip too far though. It has to stay at 15 or 16, latest.

For me it would be between Black, Wallace and Hendricks. At the moment I would go with Black, but I'll probably change my mind a hundred times between now and draft night.

Don’t draft for need… Tay is the bpa imo…

I really have no idea how Hendricks is being rated this high. Think he is very good, but I see a pretty limited ceiling. If you got guys like Wallace, Dick, George, Black left I don't see how you go that way

Wallace, though I'd be happy with Hendricks as well (I'd probably take either over Whitmore - no idea on Thompson twins).

Don’t draft for need… Tay is the bpa imo…

I don't have him as BPA. I think the BPA debate is Keyonte, Gradey and Cason here. Black is interesting as a defensive-minded 2/3 if the Jazz run an egalitarian, 'positionless' scheme, but I just don't trust Black to make shots.

I need to see more from Hendricks to believe he's more offensively than a stand-still shooter. If he measures out extra long, then that helps and maybe he's the guy here, imo

I don't have him as BPA
That’s fine… you mentioned we need guards and there are a lot available. If that’s how it fell I’d take Hendo and hope Wallace or Black fell to the Minny pick or we could finesse our way a bit higher to snag them.

Say the Minny pick is 16… I think we could trade that pick and the Lakers pick to move to 11/12ish… if the Minny pick is 14 then one of Black Wallace or George would be there most likely. So I’d take Hendo and take whatever guy is leftover from that group.