What's new

If these players are your options in the draft, who are you picking for the Jazz?

Who are you selecting for the Jazz

• Anthony Black

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Gradey Dick

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keyonte George

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Taylor Hendricks

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • GG Jackson

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nick Smith Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cason Wallace

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
No I bet you never watched Sexton play before coming here. They are very similar as nba prospects . Sexton now however is far better in every statistical category and it isn't going to be close.
Don't preach about Wallace and his defense, he really is no better defensively than Sexton was in college imo. Sexton has largely been tagged as a poor defender in the NBA. I see little difference and if anything Sexton is the better pro.
Sexton and Wallace are both probably 6th man types in the NBA on a good team, but both are also either undersized 2 or not good enough natural playmakers for most gm's to think of them as lead guards , not right out of college.
Sexton has developed a lot and porbably is light years better as a player than Wallace will ever be his first couple seasons.
If you actually believe we are drafting a lead guard, it won't be Wallace without Sexton being traded.
Next time, instead writing all of that ****, just write "I don't know anything about basketball." Easier for everyone.

Next time, instead writing all of that ****, just write "I don't know anything about basketball." Easier for everyone.
Says the fool who doesn't know anything about basketball ?
explain why you think that or F off loser
Wallace is a combo guard whos most creative playmaking was dump offs and kick outs he is no floor general and neither was Young Bull when he was drafted.
You want to give him props for being a lockdown defender like all the KY jelly users do, at least watch a game or two instead of counting beans or googl'n highlights smh
You are clearly a ****ing idiot if you think I don't know anything about the game since I have been playing it since your momma made a mistake

Says the fool who doesn't know anything about basketball ?
explain why you think that or F off loser
Wallace is a combo guard whos most creative playmaking was dump offs and kick outs he is no floor general and neither was Young Bull when he was drafted.
You want to give him props for being a lockdown defender like all the KY jelly users do, at least watch a game or two instead of counting beans or googl'n highlights smh
You are clearly a ****ing idiot if you think I don't know anything about the game since I have been playing it since your momma made a mistake
Hmm...........

What do you think a combo guard is, because based on your use of it you don't seem to understand what it is?

Wallace: 6'4" defensive player - is known for lock down defense and not much offense but capable assists
Sexton: 6'2" offensive player - small scoring guard, not known for assists and very deficient defense

You are totally right. I can see why you said they are the same player. My bad.

Hmm...........

What do you think a combo guard is, because based on your use of it you don't seem to understand what it is?

Wallace: 6'4" defensive player - is known for lock down defense and not much offense but capable assists
Sexton: 6'2" offensive player - small scoring guard, not known for assists and very deficient defense

You are totally right. I can see why you said they are the same player. My bad.
the description you use for them explains your ignorance and why you think I am stupid smh

Wallace right now is thought of as a mid to late first round prospect in reality that will be a combo 6th man type without significant improvements- same thing Sexton got labelled before Cleveland overpicked him.
Wallace being able to step in in the absence of the Wildcats injured point guard, a role he was not playing until that happened, showed he could run the point and got some nice assist number on his resume. They are fools gold, but hey it helped him stay on the floor with that being all he could do besdies the defensive effort, since he was struggling to shoot.
Sexton also struggled with his outside shot in college. another similarity.
CW is not a great playmaker and neither was Sexton aka its not their natural position, but CW shown promise as a scorer in the mid range and closer to the rim, so sure if he can shoot better from the outside, he will outperform expectations.
But thats the point = we already have Sexton who has improved his playmaking to at minimum the same level as Wallace, and Sexton is the better shooter scorer already.

About the only difference in them is Sexton was never given credit for his defensive intensity in college, sucks at it now, and Wallace is overrated for his defense and is likely to have the same struggles being a small guard.

Surprised people are so down on Dick when he has the best intersection of size, athleticism and skill of all these options
He doesn't though. He will also need to prove himself on defense. Was a real liability early in the season and improved... but if you thought dudes went at Grayson Allen... wait until they see Grady Dick. Its more of just dudes and teams judging his look.

Taylor is bigger... more athletic... a better defender... he's a worse shooter and passer but it isn't like Dick is going to be a primary or secondary ball handler... he'd have to get a bunch more volume to make up for the difference.

Probably either Hendricks or Black depending which position they decide to draft.

I'm guessing Ainge would take every avenue to try and trade up for Whitmore or a Thompson Twin.

He doesn't though. He will also need to prove himself on defense. Was a real liability early in the season and improved... but if you thought dudes went at Grayson Allen... wait until they see Grady Dick. Its more of just dudes and teams judging his look.

Taylor is bigger... more athletic... a better defender... he's a worse shooter and passer but it isn't like Dick is going to be a primary or secondary ball handler... he'd have to get a bunch more volume to make up for the difference.
Dick will be and he's going to be a fine defender. There will bea transition period, but it's far more likely that happens than Hendricks developing his handle to a NBA level.

I wager Black falls to mid first easy if he stays in, since his plan to be just like Ben Simmons has blown up in his face.
I also think some of these like the Thompsons are not going as high as people project. Maybe someone overpicks Amen based on playmaking and athleticism but he could easily be a role player at best without a lot of development.
I also think some of these draft prospects we are maybe interested in now, should be going back to school for sure, once they test the waters and get harsh realities dealt to them about how they are not lottery picks in this draft like Grady and Wallace. But they will get bad advice as usual somebody will overpick them, and maybe in 5 years they will find a spot on a roster that didn't draft them.