What's new

If we get a superstar in the 2014 draft...

He still got minutes at both pg and sg. He was in the rotation most or all the second half of the season.

At which point he played pretty damn good.

I saw a graphic in the first preseason game this year that showed how in february when he got more minutes (like 22 iirc, still not close to haywards) he played very well and shooting percentages from the field and from 3 went up a bunch

So you choose to ignore the second half of last year? Please continue to ignore the facts. Face it... Hayward is and always will be a better player.

At which point he played pretty damn good.

I saw a graphic in the first preseason game this year that showed how in february when he got more minutes (like 22 iirc, still not close to haywards) he played very well and shooting percentages from the field and from 3 went up a bunch

So you choose to ignore the post right before your last one

I think it is way too early to evaluate which players the Jazz get. I agree decisions will have to be made and most likely which positions we draft will affect which players might potentially have to be moved. I find it funny how people are so willingly to trade players they have been clamoring to see get minutes.

The BIGGEST IF is getting Wiggins, the chances at best are 25%. I am a big fan of Alec Burks but I would still keep Hayward over him. The key is for Lindsay to manage how much he pays these guys. If the Jazz give Gordon or Kanter or Favors a MAX deal they are stupid. Lindsay needs to remind players that the new CBA means that organizations have to make tougher decisions because of the changes to the luxury taxes.

I tell you what, the only thing that worries me more than things going terribly is things going amazingly.

I tell you what, the only thing that worries me more than things going terribly is things going amazingly.

Last night had some encouraging signs. D already looks way better than the Big Al days. Kanter and hayward look to be getting it together. Favors started getting it going in the second half. The core had us right there but couldn't finish. Hudson and Holliday looked like they might make the team.

Burks did not have a good night and had some boneheaded plays, Kanter still has to many TOs, Favors can still disapear, giving Gobert a DNP? really? Biedrins got 14 minutes over Gobert....frustrates me. Still poor shooting.

I can't wait to see this lineup this year;

Burke
Rush
Hayward
Kanter
Favors

That's a good lineup.

I agree that this is the lineup I'm most excited to see. I've heard some rumors that Rush isn't well-liked by the F.O. for some reason, have you guys heard the same thing? Something about him always saying he's close to coming back and the Jazz F.O. saying he's still a long way off with his injury..

Hadn't heard that. Seems strange to me that there would have been anything more than one conversation, but who knows..

Hadn't heard that. Seems strange to me that there would have been anything more than one conversation, but who knows..

Cool, you guys seem to be on top of most of the info out there so I'm guessing it's not a real issue. I've coveted Rush for a few years now; I hope he comes back from the injury okay.

After a little bit of research I found out that the Jazz could not trade Favors on a draft night deal without his consent before dealing with his restricted status. But a sign and trade while signing the player to an offer sheet is possible of course.