What's new

I'm Done with the NBA

Nothing good about us now. No Bogey so we blow offensively. We’re not athletic and up tempo or fun. We’re not even good defensively so we lost that defensive luster we had for a few years. Obviously Donnie and Gobert is awkward. Mike will be leaving soon enough. There’s no solid young talent to fill in for Bogey or Conley to make things intriguing. Just blah. Whatever. I bet against us again and bet U106.5 points since our offense blows.

The NBA though has done a great job with all this so far.

Nothing good about us now. No Bogey so we blow offensively. We’re not athletic and up tempo or fun. We’re not even good defensively so we lost that defensive luster we had for a few years. Obviously Donnie and Gobert is awkward. Mike will be leaving soon enough. There’s no solid young talent to fill in for Bogey or Conley to make things intriguing. Just blah. Whatever. I bet against us again and bet U106.5 points since our offense blows.

I hate how right you are with this.

Mushed myself. A bunch of garbage points in the 4th. It’s okay. I’ll double up on our under next game.

By far more bothered by the trajectory of the season as a whole than bubble ball. In fact, watching Donovan Mitchell pass the basketball has me more excited than I have been in months.

By far more bothered by the trajectory of the season as a whole than bubble ball. In fact, watching Donovan Mitchell pass the basketball has me more excited than I have been in months.
I think this team still has a great core and still needs adjustment. But it doesn't need to be huge. We just can't miss as bad as last off-season.

Conley is fitting in better and getting back to his normal play but still isn't a great fit since most of us think the ball should be in Mitchell's hands. We missed bad on our backup PF and C. Our really good FA signing is out injured.

I think this team still has a great core and still needs adjustment. But it doesn't need to be huge. We just can't miss as bad as last off-season.

Conley is fitting in better and getting back to his normal play but still isn't a great fit since most of us think the ball should be in Mitchell's hands. We missed bad on our backup PF and C. Our really good FA signing is out injured.
I am also increasingly skeptical that Bojan was that great a move in the big picture. Awesomely versatile scorer, provides little else, while the Jazz continue to just flail at figuring out anything resembling rotation bigs outside of Gobert.

I am also increasingly skeptical that Bojan was that great a move in the big picture. Awesomely versatile scorer, provides little else, while the Jazz continue to just flail at figuring out anything resembling rotation bigs outside of Gobert.
I think we really needed that scoring. But we also needed solid backup players and failed at that hard. We really needed Green to be a rotation player. Jazz need to prioritize a PF. He doesn't need to do much on offense besides hustle, set screens, and be able to hit 3s at even an average league rate. But he needs to play decent defense and rebound. I think we can get that with MLE or a trade.

Easy money tonight

Agree with this. I’m low on bojan. Yea he gets hot from 3 but the goofball offers little else. No hustle. No mean streak. I miss Jae Crowder

After the initial shock and “withdrawals” of having the season abruptly stopped, I did find that I enjoyed the break from basketball fandom. I struggled to get excited about the bubble and thought it was a bad idea. Since it has actually started I’ve enjoyed watching several games, just not ones the Jazz have played in.

The Jazz are my one and only team and always will be, but this season there are several teams I enjoy watching play more than this team.

I'm surprised to find that as the NBA returns I no longer care about it. I wonder if others are experiencing anything similar. Maybe it's just that life is so busy right now that I can't fit it in, but I think I'm finished for good.
I felt this way about NFL 4-5 years ago. It was partially because of all the crap players were doing and getting away with such as beating wives. It was also the controversy over someone peacefully protesting and getting blacklisted from the league. But also the game was becoming more boring to me. I took a year off and it made me happy. It made me watch a lot less college football which was great as well. I stopped caring about sports nearly as much. I pretty much just watch the NBA now but dont care if I miss a game. I also never care if I watch it live or not. These days I generally cant catch it live so I see if we won or not then watch the game if we won.

Personally I am happy to have some basketball back to watch now and then. But if you dont enjoy it then quit watching, no big deal. Plenty of other things to do with your spare time. Dont be someone who doesnt enjoy it because they have been watching for so long they feel obligated, the whole sunken cost idea.

Bogey has his limitations but he gives Utah a "puncher's chance" every game with his the ability to score in so many ways.

Without that The Jazz are just a more boring version of last year's team on offense and just a good defensive team - and good's not good enough.

As for the restart I have to admit I'm just not into it either - I've watched all three games but they're just pretty much background noise to me.

Tough times burn us out. Good news is you don’t usually die and things go better at some point. Same with this imo. Loss, bad basketball, little enthusiasm with no crowd games that feel like scrimmages, I get why someone can be disappointed. I suggest keeping expectations at much lower levels until or if Covid-19 days end.

That's a good point. I'm guessing everyone on this board has thought about their own mortality during the pandemic - at least in the beginning. Living in NJ, I know I did.

After that some folks might find it difficult to get all worked up over a game.

Bogey has his limitations but he gives Utah a "puncher's chance" every game with his the ability to score in so many ways.

Without that The Jazz are just a more boring version of last year's team on offense and just a good defensive team - and good's not good enough.

As for the restart I have to admit I'm just not into it either - I've watched all three games but they're just pretty much background noise to me.

We’re not even good defensively. That’s the thing. We’re 12th in the league (tied with Denver at 13th)...I guess by definition we are slightly above average but I certainly don’t see a good defensive team out on the floor.

We’re not even good defensively. That’s the thing. We’re 12th in the league (tied with Denver at 13th)...I guess by definition we are slightly above average but I certainly don’t see a good defensive team out on the floor.
The only reason we are that high is Gobert.

We need a true 4 who can defend and a bigger guard to play alongside Donovan than we may hide Bogey on D.

I am happy about the restart. One thing is great about virtual fans - there is no stupid dance cam.

Agree with this. I’m low on bojan. Yea he gets hot from 3 but the goofball offers little else. No hustle. No mean streak. I miss Jae Crowder
20 ppg is little else? We already see we have no way to replace that production.

I've only watched bits and pieces of the NBA since the restart. It seems so strange to pick up on the season after such a long delay. I've actually found myself enjoying baseball much more. Very easy sport to watch. Don't have to stay glued to the TV to enjoy it.

I've also appreciated MLB's approach to recognizing the BLM movement much more than the NBA. I can appreciate/understand players kneeling, BLM logos, and general messages about equality or police reform. I have a harder time trying to enjoy a sport when a jersey reads "Say Her Name" on it. If I read that in the middle of the play, I'm no longer thinking about basketball. Is that supposed to be the point? Again, I'm all for players having a voice, but some of these messages on their jerseys certainly take you out of the moment. Could of been better if they all just said "Equality".

That said. Do these players really "have a voice" if they are selecting from an NBA pre-approved listing of messages?