I'm no longer a Snyder fan.

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Douchebag K, Feb 5, 2020.

1. outerspacefan

outerspacefan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    IMHO the glaring problems of the Jazz are at the top he roster. And no, I do not think Conley is the problem, at least not basketbal wise...
    The supporting cast is one big away to be ready to fight for it all. But you will go only as high as Gobert and Mitchell takes you. They've got to be great... are they that great?

2. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I really like Gobert, but I want to win more. I was so disappointed by the Boozer/Deron/Okur/AK years because we never made that extra step. I was disappointed in the Stockton/Malone years because I thought through more aggressive moves we could have supported those guys better. I just get this feeling that we will end up with the same level of disappointment with the current roster.

I'm a firm believer that giving Gobert a max contract in 2021 kills any chance of title contention by this roster.

3. Hekate

Hekate Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    So did Quin lost this team? You are on a tangent.

4. themanknownassting

themanknownassting Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Yea I agree if we max him it will kill our chances. And to be honest, I would rather win more. Just sucks cause he's one of my favs.

Attached Files:

LoPo likes this.
  5. David Ginola 14

David Ginola 14 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    I agree...

LoPo likes this.
  6. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    He lost the ability to motivate them yes.

7. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I don't think it's something you can blame Snyder for. How can you use Rudy differently on offense? He has troubles with catching the ball or punishing smaller players in the post. The only solution would be to pair him with someone like Harden or Doncic. And on defense he is doing great job totally by himself this year. He cannot be in three places at the same time, I don't see how you could change using him on that end.

8. UtahJazz32

Feb 10, 2011
    Rudy is offensively challenged outside of a 1 foot range of the basket, unfortunately

9. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Yes, but that's not on Quin. Gobert is still exceptional player anyway. I just think that we shouldn't question Rudy. Our ceiling is determined by Donovan's developement. That's much more concerning issue to me.

10. Hekate

Hekate Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    To the question "Any examples?" again. Has the team voiced anything about Conley or has shown any frustration about him on the court? Did they have any needling words about Quin or practice hours?

And if the players aren't open to motivation, or are prone to getting comfortable, is it really Quin's fault?

Jazzmix likes this.
  11. UtahJazz32

Feb 10, 2011
    The jazz are pretty hush hush about these things. Honestly I don't think anyone is pleased with Conley's production. you can take the defensive stance for Quin, the team and Conley but most on here share a similar view as myself

12. JimLes

JimLes Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    It's not about fault here. It's easier to fire a coach then to fire the team. If someone else can get these guys performing(and I think we can all agree they're underperforming) then you get that someone else.

UtahJazz32 likes this.
  13. UtahJazz32

Feb 10, 2011
    exactly, thank you

14. Beer

Beer Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    This is what? 1/3 of 1 year of underperformance and its not really even underperforming that bad. Everyone needs to chill out.

15. Hekate

Hekate Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    That's really not a solution, though. Teams may play better for a while after it but it's short term. Players are due to get comfortable again and you can't keep firing coaches. That's how you end up as Kings.

16. SoUjazzfan

SoUjazzfan Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    While I agree with most of this there are ways to get players out of their comfort zones. Play the young guys when a vet starts slacking. Reward hustle and effort. Chew some *** and call people out. Quin is doing none of this. As mentioned before, if Larry was still around you'd be hearing of some locker room visit from him, guaranteed.

UtahJazz32 likes this.
  17. JimLes

JimLes Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    What is the solution then? Trading everyone? Waiting to see if Snyder turns this ship around? We're banking a lot on the idea that Snyder is a world class coach and we couldn't get anyone better to replace him. I haven't seen much evidence of that over the past 5 years.

l Abach l and UtahJazz32 like this.
  18. l Abach l

l Abach l Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    If Snyder is this mAsTeRmInD coach, then why didn't anybody else pick him up after he coached CSKA Moscow (lmao) and the Austin Toros... WoWW!! It's laughable that jazz nation say that he's one of the "best minds in the game", as if he's ****ing Popovich. Give me a break.

19. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    I've wanted him to do the sub in the G League guys for a while... had a chance to do it versus san Antonio which would have saved the legs of some of the starters for the back to back. Don't want to go to that well too often, but should go there sometimes. Pop has never been afraid to punt a game early and do this... I'm not sure how much of the blame pie Quin gets, but he certainly gets a slice.

SoUjazzfan likes this.
  20. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I don't want to blame Quin for Rudy's shortcomings, but I do blame Quin for running so many plays for him.

Rudy is like a WR that runs one route. Well, when defenses game plan to stop that route, we got to look at other routes.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app