What's new

In the DLeague Last night.

homeytennis

3 players with NBA experience put up big numbers for the Idaho Stampede. Atonoine Walker, Luke Jackson and Jamerio Davidson all put up 25. Walker and Davidson are bigs and Jackson is a 2-3. If we need a player at either position they are out there.

Antoine Walker is one of the biggest jokes to ever reach "stardom" in all of NBA history. He's an embarrassment, and he's too old to have turned it around enough to matter.

How would you see Antoine Fats Walker fitting in with the Jazz? What part of his game/attitude says "Utah Jazz"?

How would you see Antoine Fats Walker fitting in with the Jazz? What part of his game/attitude says "Utah Jazz"?

I think the part where he somehow lost his $100 million and is now playing in the D-League to pay his bills does.

And on another note, remember that Morris Almond AVERAGED 25 pts/per in the D-League, twice soring 50+. The D-League is full of guys who can score 30 pts, but either don't want to defend or just don't have the physical attributes to make it in the NBA.

If there were a trade or injury, I'd rather see the Jazz bring back Othyus Jeffers at the 2-3. He can't shoot the 3, but he's actually having a pretty good season in the D-League, averaging 19/per. And he's a great rebounder for his size.

When the Jazz drafted Hayward I remember argueing with several posters here that Hayward was not the next-Luke Jackson (i.e. 1st-round bust). He's not an nba-player. I am on record for liking Davidson (who played summer league ball w/Utah in Orlando) but Utah doesn't need another backup PF with Jeremy Evans.

Trey Johnson looks like the most interesting wing prospect right now. He's leading the D-League in scoring at 26/game and according to his Draftexpress write up he is an assassin coming off screens in the mid-range game. That's probably the guy to watch if the Jazz ever need to dip down there.

On another D-League note, Hassan Whiteside must really suck, he's only pulling 10 minutes a game in the down there. 2.5 blocks in that time is pretty dang good though:

https://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/hassan_whiteside/

Don't the NBA teams usually try and force their players to pick up minutes down there?

Walker owns one of my favorite quotes in basketball history.

Reporter: Why do you shoot so many 3-pointers?

Walker: Because they don't have any 4-pointers.