What's new

Influence

eacioban

One of the thing I notice more and more, is the influence the players have on each other. You can actually see players adopting moves from other players on the team.
For example: I noticed twice that Favors use the Ingles scoop layup; I've seen more players do the scoop as well; and Mitchell mimicking Rubio's cut to the post and pass.

What else did you noticed?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using JazzFanz mobile app

I think it goes deeper than just copying moves though. When you have a true alpha dog, like kobe or MJ, their attitude and confidence is also an influence. Like wise when you have a cancer, it can tube the team.

One of the reasons I believe DM will be so valuable to the Jazz is his leadership and influence. One caution though is when you have two or more guys who want to be the alpha, it can gut you. OKC a couple of years back had championship level talent, but couldn't keep the team together. I don't think it was just about the money either. KD seems perfectly happy with GS, where he wanted out of the situation in OKC. He ous2 even reportedly willing to take less $ to keep the team together.

DM and Rudy don't seem to clash at all, likely because they are complimentary not competitive (with each other s skill set). We can build on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Not to understate the importance of good coaching and skills development, but having a guy like DM model how to take coaching is very important. Nor should we ignore the impact having someone like Rudy get in your face when you take a play off on D. When they see those guys giving it their all, it has to influence the rest of the team to try and to do better.

Not to understate the importance of good coaching and skills development, but having a guy like DM model how to take coaching is very important. Nor should we ignore the impact having someone like Rudy get in your face when you take a play off on D. When they see those guys giving it their all, it has to influence the rest of the team to try and to do better.

Sure. Accountability and pride on defense seems to be strong traits in our team since Snyder's arrival and Rudy's emergence. Add hard-nosed, tough players who compete and the result is the current awesome Jazz team

I think it goes deeper than just copying moves though. When you have a true alpha dog, like kobe or MJ, their attitude and confidence is also an influence. Like wise when you have a cancer, it can tube the team.

One of the reasons I believe DM will be so valuable to the Jazz is his leadership and influence. One caution though is when you have two or more guys who want to be the alpha, it can gut you. OKC a couple of years back had championship level talent, but couldn't keep the team together. I don't think it was just about the money either. KD seems perfectly happy with GS, where he wanted out of the situation in OKC. He ous2 even reportedly willing to take less $ to keep the team together.

DM and Rudy don't seem to clash at all, likely because they are complimentary not competitive (with each other s skill set). We can build on that.

Pretty much this, and it's why I'd rather retain who we have if it's feasible. DM and Rudy are good with each other. I think it's because Rudy sees in DM what we could never count on from Lord Voldemort. It scary to consider how Mitchell could get better, but he's always improving (he's been very efficient in the last five games, which was a big knock up until recently). Mitchell has that Alpha mentality, but he doesn't have an ego. In that respect, he's just like Rudy. They just want to compete, demand the best of themselves and others, and have a confidence that is well earned. This feeds the rest of the team, and when you have glue guys like Ingles, Rubio, and Favors, that's just solidifies it. The bench feeds off that as well.