What's new

Interesting Trade Ideas Article

Article about pursuing Blake Griffin. https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11/02/3-trade-packages-to-send-pistons-blake-griffin-to-the-jazz/

I would consider Conley and Ed Davis for Griffin and some sort of draft compensation.

Pro's - Griffin for Conley makes us a legit, no doubt about it, title contender. We save money this year ($3 million) so we can bring back Clarkson AND use the full MLE. We slide Bojan to SF while Griffin fits so well next to Rudy. Royce starts at SG since he doesn't need the ball in his hands. DM plays his best role at PG. Griffin and Don can run the offense.

Con's - we are assuredly a luxury team in 21-22. If Griffin gets hurt, it would be awful, but maybe insurance can pick up the last year of his deal.

I hate Celtics fans and blogs so much... those aholes think if they put a few dimes together they should get a dollar. Even if they put together a good package I wouldn't deal with them because I hate them so much.

Article about pursuing Blake Griffin. https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11/02/3-trade-packages-to-send-pistons-blake-griffin-to-the-jazz/

I would consider Conley and Ed Davis for Griffin and some sort of draft compensation.

Pro's - Griffin for Conley makes us a legit, no doubt about it, title contender. We save money this year ($3 million) so we can bring back Clarkson AND use the full MLE. We slide Bojan to SF while Griffin fits so well next to Rudy. Royce starts at SG since he doesn't need the ball in his hands. DM plays his best role at PG. Griffin and Don can run the offense.

Con's - we are assuredly a luxury team in 21-22. If Griffin gets hurt, it would be awful, but maybe insurance can pick up the last year of his deal.
Blake was so damn good before his injuries I just wonder... even if he is healthy can he produce at a super efficient level in a smaller role. He was the center of the Pistons universe and was great but what happens when he’s the second option and the team wants to be a title contender and not just a playoff team.

Detroit really doesn’t have much motivation to move him since his value is really low and they have cap space up the *** for this year and next if they want it. They won’t give picks to move him. You might be able to steal Svi, Brown, or Kennard if they aren’t planning on keeping them and just want a clean cap sheet.

LOL yep it's that simple. Just throw a couple seconds and a third string guy at the jazz and they'll give you the 2X DPOY. Easy peasy.

I hate Celtics fans and blogs so much... those aholes think if they put a few dimes together they should get a dollar. Even if they put together a good package I wouldn't deal with them because I hate them so much.
I'd take Tatum and brown and a future 1st for Rudy. Otherwise GTFO.

LOL yep it's that simple. Just throw a couple seconds and a third string guy at the jazz and they'll give you the 2X DPOY. Easy peasy.

Yep. The Celtics blogs are ridiculous. I do think Rudy to Boston is exactly what they are lacking. Ainge has done so much and failed to deliver. They have 3 1st round picks this year and that's the last of their haul of 1st rounders. They are a big man away from title contention.

If they come to us with a 3 team deal where Hayward goes elsewhere, we get value, and a ton of picks, we gotta listen.

Hayward to Indy
Gobert and Ed Davis to Boston
Turner, Warren, young player and 2 1st rounders from Boston to Utah

There would have to be an asset included. I think the best Conley trade is for a good 3-4 and an asset or two. I like the hustle of clipper griffin. Piston griffin is a bit timid since injury.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I love how all of these fake sources skew the trade in favor of the big market team. They talk like Hayward is still really special. He hasn’t done **** really since going to Boston. Hayward does not equal Gobert in any logical sense.

I love how all of these fake sources skew the trade in favor of the big market team. They talk like Hayward is still really special. He hasn’t done **** really since going to Boston. Hayward does not equal Gobert in any logical sense.

He really doesn't make sense for their long term budget unless they send Brown back to us. The Hayward trade (if he opts in) will be to Indiana with stuff for Turner. He may opt out and sign in Atlanta.

If Rudy and DM are really not cool with each other and Rudy doesn't want to sign I think the best returns would come from Atlanta, Washington, Brooklyn.... There are rumors about Dallas, but that trade package would be firetrash and we'd all be calling for DL's head.

He really doesn't make sense for their long term budget unless they send Brown back to us. The Hayward trade (if he opts in) will be to Indiana with stuff for Turner. He may opt out and sign in Atlanta.

If Rudy and DM are really not cool with each other and Rudy doesn't want to sign I think the best returns would come from Atlanta, Washington, Brooklyn.... There are rumors about Dallas, but that trade package would be firetrash and we'd all be calling for DL's head.

I think Atlanta and Brooklyn have the assets to make it interesting. Washington might want him but not for Beal. They would want to add Gobert to Wall and Beal. Not sure if they have the assets.

Boston with Kemba, Jaylen, Tatum, Smart and Gobert is the best lineup in the NBA. They should use any and all assets in order to try to get him. Their budget might get squeezed, but the lineup is worth it. That's one of the most complete starting 5's in the history of the NBA.

Last edited: