What's new

IRS Targeting Right Wing Groups

Okay, I've researched this for 30 seconds, and the real issue is this. The Tea Party Groups are applying for a status as a tax exempt status while saying that they are not political organizations even though they are, and they are angry that the IRS is questioning them about this.

Wow, the IRS looks at groups of extremists whose number one priority is avoiding taxes to see if they are in compliance with tax laws. Seems logical to me.

Hahaha, what a crock. All this damn ******** about people being extremists becasue they have different view points. Congrats Morefeasts on being a prime example of one of the major problems in America.

Okay, I've researched this for 30 seconds, and the real issue is this. The Tea Party Groups are applying for a status as a tax exempt status while saying that they are not political organizations even though they are, and they are angry that the IRS is questioning them about this.

The real issue is political targeting. It is always fine when the target is someone else.

They are political groups lying on their tax status applications by saying that they are not political groups, and having a hissy fit if anyone dares question them about it.

Last edited:
The real issue is political targeting. It is always fine when the target is someone else.

Is if the fault of the IRS that Occupy wackos aren't trying to claim tax-exempt status? Or that there are generally a lot more right-wing lunatics than left-wing lunatics?

This is bull ****. I actually found myself semi-agreeing with Glen Beck today. (shoot me, now) If this is all what it looks like, I hope they burn Obama and all his little bitches to the ground.

I don't think Obama was personally setting policy for the specific sorts of names to look for in 503(c) social welfare groups. It seems a little below his pay grade.

He needs to hand out some punishments, though.

So is the tea party a political group? It's a simple yes or no question

I guess that depends on how you define "group". But yes I would consider them a political group.

Now will you admit that they were targeted politically and that it is an outrage?

I don't think Obama was personally setting policy for the specific sorts of names to look for in 503(c) social welfare groups. It seems a little below his pay grade.

He needs to hand out some punishments, though.

Yeah I do not see anything linking him to this. He also came out and condemned very strongly, as he should have.

You are wrong. The very name "Tea Party" proclaims a goal of not paying taxes. You people act like the government should just rubber stamp any application for anything without examining its merits.

Sorry, but I refuse to accept that using the name "Tea Party" (and presumably advocating for lower legal taxes) means they are more likely to break the law, and the IRS should not make that presumption, either.

I guess that depends on how you define "group". But yes I would consider them a political group.

Now will you admit that they were targeted politically and that it is an outrage?

I'm going to assume that they follow the law, and spend most of their money outside of politics, until I hear otherwise. If they are political groups, they don't qualify for non-profit status. Of course, it's quite posible that their political stands are getting most of the media coverage but not most of the money.

I'm going to assume that they follow the law, and spend most of their money outside of politics, until I hear otherwise. If they are political groups, they don't qualify for non-profit status. Of course, it's quite posible that their political stands are getting most of the media coverage but not most of the money.

I'd assume they follow the law as well. Just trying to see if Thriller and Morefeasts will admit what is abundandtly clear.

Good. Then they should be taxed. Sorry my friend! But your tea drinking boys are in the wrong!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltwa...ny-political-groups-should-not-be-tax-exempt/

the tax law is relatively clear about what a (c)(4) can and cannot do. The IRS defines these groups as “civic leagues, social welfare organizations, and local associations of employees.” Their net earnings are supposed to be used for charitable, educational, or recreational purposes. They may lobby and participate in political activities but their primary purpose must not be campaigning.

Clearly, many tea party groups use their money (only) for campaigning. Just ask bob Bennett or Jim Matheson.

Furthermore, the IRS states:

https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non...-Function-Income-of-Political-Organizations-1

A political organization is subject to tax on its political organization taxable income.

So again. Right wing left wing don't matter. A tax cheat is a tax cheat. Stop playing politics stoked. Stop defending tax cheats.

Good. Then they should be taxed. Sorry my friend! But your tea drinking boys are in the wrong!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltwa...ny-political-groups-should-not-be-tax-exempt/

Clearly, many tea party groups use their money (only) for campaigning. Just ask bob Bennett or Jim Matheson.

Furthermore, the IRS states:

https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non...-Function-Income-of-Political-Organizations-1

So again. Right wing left wing don't matter. A tax cheat is a tax cheat. Stop playing politics stoked. Stop defending tax cheats.

I am not defending any group here. Find one instance where I did. You can't.

What the IRS did was wrong. Period.

One Brow and Stoked, I do not know how you can fail to understand what I have told you. Some Tea Party Groups are submitting applications to the IRS stating that they are not political groups. If they are political groups, as you believe, than they are submitting misleading papers with the IRS. Therefore these papers should be looked in to, since they appear to be false. You do not think that this is important to the discussion?

The IRS investigating and prosecuting tax cheats is wrong? Huh? Do you even know what the IRS's function is? Because it certainly doesn't look like you do.

Sorry, but I refuse to accept that using the name "Tea Party" (and presumably advocating for lower legal taxes) means they are more likely to break the law, and the IRS should not make that presumption, either.

So if I have a white cube van that says "Free candy and molestation" on the side, the police should not make any presumptions if they're looking for a missing child?