What's new

Is hayward freezing out kanter?

oldtimer

First, this is not supposed to be a bash anyone thread, but for the last couple games ive seen hayward look at a wide open kanter and he either passed it somewhere else or took the shot himself. Hayward has played great this year. Not good, great so I'm not complaining. I was just wondering if others see what I'm seeing? I want to know if anybody has heard of a rift between these guys.

In preseason kanter had a monster game and hayward was interviewed after the game and was asked about kanter's performance. Hayward response made it sound like hayward was a little frustrated with kanter and exasperated that it took s oo many games before he finally had a good one. Other than that ive never heard anything that hayward and kanter dont get along.

I think they way Kanter has played up to this point in his career has been frustrating. He's still getting totally lost on the defensive end and not shooting open shots on offense.

I remember one play in Detroit, and I've seen this a few times, where Kanter gets the ball late in the clock, wide open, and hands if off to Hayward for a more difficult shot. He defers to Hayward in high pressure situations, often resulting in a tough shot or a turn over.

He's still not being decisive, something Corbin benched him for often. Q is letting him play it out a bit more, and you have to in turn deal with his stupid mistakes.

He's the frustrating teammate. Every team has one.

Kanter's been running the floor harder than he has in the past - I've seen him ahead of the play a few times where they didn't get the ball to him for whatever reason. Don't remember if it was Hayward with the ball at the time.

I'd be willing to bet most of his teammates have been reluctant to pass him the ball. He's played well recently, but it will take a bit before his team trusts him. I think they will, but its all on Kanter.

Fans and teammates gotta be objective while making comments. Kanter's been playing good and making right decisions on the both ends in recent mathes yet noone talks about neither Favors' mistakes at the end of the game nor Booker's bad defensive performances. It's obvious Jazz needs to give more pass to Kanter. He either finds points while posting up or midrange jumpers. Also, Quin needs to chance rotation timing. There's term called rhythm and sometimes as a coach you need to let hot hand players play more.

Haven't noticed it, but Kanter does usually stop the offense, so you probably don't want to pass to him if you want to run a smooth offensive set. Still a terrible passer and slow decision maker. He is only really good when he is taking his jumper or down low getting buckets.

Haven't noticed it, but Kanter does usually stop the offense, so you probably don't want to pass to him if you want to run a smooth offensive set. Still a terrible passer and slow decision maker. He is only really good when he is taking his jumper or down low getting buckets.

I think he does because the ball gets stuck with him.

Also, last night Hayward visibly got pissed at Kanter because Hayward led his defender to the rim (as is taught) and if you watch Kanter, he stepped away allowing the defender a layup, but in this case a Hayward foul.

Right after Hayward was chewing him out.

I think he does because the ball gets stuck with him.

Also, last night Hayward visibly got pissed at Kanter because Hayward led his defender to the rim (as is taught) and if you watch Kanter, he stepped away allowing the defender a layup, but in this case a Hayward foul.

Right after Hayward was chewing him out.

What?

Fans and teammates gotta be objective while making comments. Kanter's been playing good and making right decisions on the both ends in recent mathes yet noone talks about neither Favors' mistakes at the end of the game nor Booker's bad defensive performances. It's obvious Jazz needs to give more pass to Kanter. He either finds points while posting up or midrange jumpers. Also, Quin needs to chance rotation timing. There's term called rhythm and sometimes as a coach you need to let hot hand players play more.

Easily the best post of the season! Afferim kocum benim!

IF Kanter could pass, he could be featured in the offense way more. He can't though, so yeah, probably not going to happen.

Kanter isn't even averaging 1 assist per 48 minutes. That is how bad he is at passing, he has trouble lucking into an assist for 48 whole minutes.

I don't know if he has been freezing out Kanter. But, in the last couple of games Burks and Kanter have been out playing Hayward and Favors. Yet, it still seems like Hayward is getting every possession during crunch time. I would like to see what Kanter or Burks could do. Hayward has made some clutch shots. But, he doesn't seem that efficient when he is trying to take over. I would have to say that he is a million times better this year then he has looked in the past. So, I will eat my words on him being a complete swing and a miss. He has played up to his new contract this year IMO.

IF Kanter could pass, he could be featured in the offense way more. He can't though, so yeah, probably not going to happen.

Kanter isn't even averaging 1 assist per 48 minutes. That is how bad he is at passing, he has trouble lucking into an assist for 48 whole minutes.
Is passing teachable? Can a players iq increase as he becomes more familiar with the game heading into his early 20's?

I think you just describes Favors' play last night.

Is passing teachable? Can a players iq increase as he becomes more familiar with the game heading into his early 20's?

Kanter has shown occasional flashes of being a below average passer from his current completely horrific passing ability.

Kanter has shown occasional flashes of being a below average passer from his current completely horrific passing ability.
Ok..... didn't answer my question but whatever