What's new

Is Kirilenko an attractive piece in a S&T?

David Stern

Since we now have another logjam at the wings, does that mean we can trade AK this time? He's expiring and on a max deal, so hypothetically we could trade him for Amare or some other high-profile free agent? I'm guessing other teams (like Phoenix) would want to get something out of losing their star player, like 1 year of AK. Then they can try and go at it again next year in Free Agency.

Since we now have another logjam at the wings, does that mean we can trade AK this time? He's expiring and on a max deal, so hypothetically we could trade him for Amare or some other high-profile free agent? I'm guessing other teams (like Phoenix) would want to get something out of losing their star player, like 1 year of AK. Then they can try and go at it again next year in Free Agency.

Doesn't Amare have to want to do a sign and trade first? Also, I am not sure that he would want to come here or that Kirilenko would be all that attractive to the Suns.

No, no one is going to want to pay $17M for a brittle, backup combo forward. His expiring WILL have value at the deadline. Every team thinks they're in contention for the playoffs on Day 1. At mid-season, reality will set in and the dregs of the league will want to free up salary for 2011-12.

Phoenix would never do this. Getting an average quality player making 17 million tends to hurt you more than help.

No way a sign and trade will happen. The most likely option will be trading him for an overpaid player on a bad team...........Sorry but that is the reality. Jazz will value AK more than the players available because most teams have dumped those players already. So we don't have a lot of options. He will most likely stay because the options are..........

Iggy
Hedo Turkoglu
Richard Hamilton
Arenas
Vince Carter
Okafor
Al Jefferson
Andris Biedrins

These are the only options I see. And the guys you like do you think the other team will go for it? and the guys you don't like. Do you think the Jazz will be that risky hoping to revive a career and pay him a lot.
Maybe a 3 team trade for some of them?

My response to any of these options are NO! Nothing will happen unless some surprise option comes up at the trade deadline.

Every scenario is very very unlikely.

The Iggy trade is probably the most likely but that doesn't mean anything. Turner and Iggy will hurt each other and will hurt each others stats and ball movement and floor spacing. So expect the Sixers to tank this year again. Doug Collins is not a good coach. So look for Iggy to be traded so Turner doesn't look like a bust to the GM who drafted him. But look at Iggy's contract it is pretty bad and guys who need the ball in there hands to be effective don't really translate to the Jazz's offense. The PG dominates the ball the whole game even when Deron is out. He wouldn't put up the assists we would want. So we are stuck with AK.

Doesn't Amare have to want to do a sign and trade first? Also, I am not sure that he would want to come here or that Kirilenko would be all that attractive to the Suns.

Fact: The suns have a great medical staff (ex; Shaq, Nash, Hill)

Fact: Anyone in the NBA would want a piece of a consistently healthy, consistently happy AK.

Fact: The staff in Utah clearly cannot keep him healthy, or happy consistently.

So, the Suns can likely keep him consistently healthy. And they run a style that would make anyone happy... That makes it all on Amar'e. Would he want to come here. Most people in the league, ESPECIALLY A PF, would want to.

Yes he is an attractive piece of ****. That's why Masha married him and allows him to sleep with other women once per year. Duh. He's very attractive.