What's new

Is There A Disadvantage In Finishing First?

A Lakers/Brooklyn finals will generate easily triple the money of any of the jazz or suns or nuggets in the finals overall,

Unfortunately the real NBA fan's desires don't count.

Being a hardcore basketball fan, I know quality basketball and want quality basketball in The Finals. I'll take Jazz, Suns, Portland from West, and Knicks from East. Nets would be fun, so would Embid.

Uhh, read the thread. The point has been made earlier in the thread that give better coaches time and they will have an advantage over lesser coaches with the same amount of time. Our coach Thibs has already won one Coach Of The Year award (looking at two); he is one of the best coaches in NBA. He and the Hawks coach given the same amount of time to prepare favors Thibs' and his team.

Coach Quin given the same amount of time to prep as coach of Memphis....I'd say the advantage swings towards Snyder. You lost any advantage simply because the one seed doesn't find out who they play until 24 hours before series starts.
I love the rude ummmmmmm start to posts.
Ummmmm. Since you are agreeing with my point I don’t know why you seem to imply disagreement,

you are saying that prep time being equal other factors (coaching) is likely to determine outcome. Which is my thesis.

So thank you.

Of course there is... There's a target on your back...

the disadvantage of being the #1 seed is once u lose everyone rubs it in your face...

strange i gotta explain this on a jazz forum

Since you are agreeing with my point I don’t know why you seem to imply disagreement,

Uhh, agreeing with your post? That's like agreeing with my pet parakeet. Why would I do that?

Uhh, you said this exactly:
"No clue how this gives one team an advantage. Every team has the same time to prepare as their opponent."

Uhhh, I pointed out that a stronger coach given the same time to prepare as a weaker coach has an advantage!

I have no idea why y’all are replying to him. Like, none.
It's kind of like petting a giant slug. Sure it's repulsive, and you end up with slime all over your hands, but you just can't resist playing with it.

wdr-harrow-leopard-slug.jpg

It's kind of like petting a giant slug. Sure it's repulsive, and you end up with slime all over your hands, but you just can't resist playing with it.

wdr-harrow-leopard-slug.jpg
For some reason, that alt has always been very easy for me to ignore.

I started this thread May 18th and it still rings true: first round you Jazz didn't know who you were playing until 24 hours before game time, and now second round...

you still don't know who you are playing!

I'd rather be the Lakers than you. Lakers already know they are going to Cancun. You Jazz have no idea who you are playing and where you are going.

I started this thread May 18th and it still rings true: first round you Jazz didn't know who you were playing until 24 hours before game time, and now second round...

you still don't know who you are playing!

I'd rather be the Lakers than you. Lakers already know they are going to Cancun. You Jazz have no idea who you are playing and where you are going.
So how has not knowing who we are playing been for us?

I must admit I never understood the value in being a troll. There must be something more worthwhile in real life to do.

Second round of playoffs starts in a few hours, you finished first AND STILL DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE PLAYING!

Let's get to the facts as to why that is happening.
Answer: the NBA does not care at all about the Jazz.

fact 1 - you rarely get nationally televised games
fact 2 - you never get Christmas games
fact 3 - you finished first and you don't even know who you are playing!

Let's face it, the NBA and all fans know the Jazz are nothing more than a Sunday morning beer-ball softball league team. I've been on those. You show up to the field Sunday morning and wait for another team to show up. When those guys arrive, you say, "Oh, that's who we are playing." That's the Jazz - a Sunday morning beer-ball team. Twenty minutes before a big game, the Jazz are going to have to peek out of their locker room to find out who they are playing.

NBA does not care about the Jazz. This is how they treat the Jazz...show up at the park, sit on your bench, and just wait around to see who you play:

1622904542224.png