What's new

Is Warren just Hillary 2.0?

I made smart decisions with my finances for me and my family. I hope you all do the same.
Smart decisions were easier to make during the Obama administration because the markets went up so much, right?

Smart decisions were easier to make during the Obama administration because the markets went up so much, right?

Haha! I dunno man, I just made sure I was debt free and saved as much as possible and I was fortunate enough to be able to retire because of it. I hope everyone else here is able to make sound decisions as well so they don't have to work their whole lives to get by.

Anyway, happy Monday Gameface.

Don't feel bad for me, I am loving retirement life before the age of 40 and watching the stock market make me even more money for down the road.

I’m curious about your lucrative profession and how much of your savings are from earnings versus inheritance or a trust fund?

All the 40 year old retirees I know are trust-afarians.

Haha! I dunno man, I just made sure I was debt free and saved as much as possible and I was fortunate enough to be able to retire because of it. I hope everyone else here is able to make sound decisions as well so they don't have to work their whole lives to get by.

Anyway, happy Monday Gameface.
You're super low on individualized information and all "I made money off the markets because I'm smart." I find your claims to be 8th grader level fibs when I measure it on my BS meter.

Yeah, happy Monday, I worked 12hr shifts Fri, Sat and Sun, now I'm off for a couple days. I get to go to a fun thing on Tues with free food and drinks because I'm Yelp Elite Squad, so I'm sitting pretty nice over here too.

You're super low on individualized information and all "I made money off the markets because I'm smart." I find your claims to be 8th grader level fibs when I measure it on my BS meter.

Yeah, happy Monday, I worked 12hr shifts Fri, Sat and Sun, now I'm off for a couple days. I get to go to a fun thing on Tues with free food and drinks because I'm Yelp Elite Squad, so I'm sitting pretty nice over here too.

I don't know what to tell you man, I saved my whole life and now I'm reaping the rewards of my decisions and hard work. Yes, I have invested in the market with some of my money but I won't be touching that for another 20 years or so, interest accruing and all.

And again, cause this seems to be lost in translation somehow, I am retired and living off of my own earnings, not the market, that is a secondary income source for way down the road and has no bearing on my situation.

Finally, I have never disparaged anyone here due to their financial situation, and in fact, I keep encouraging others to make good decisions so they can live easier and spend more time with their respective families. I don't know why that is seemingly frowned upon.

I’m curious about your lucrative profession and how much of your savings are from earnings versus inheritance or a trust fund?

All the 40 year old retirees I know are trust-afarians.

I have no trust fund, haha. I grew up very poorly in fact. And also, I said I was retired which means I am financially comfortable, it does not mean I am rich. I just planned, worked, saved, and now I am set for how I want to live my life. I still have a structured budget and don't live or spend outside of my means, which a lot of people do.

I am not really sure why people have a problem with my situation but to each their own I guess.

I have no trust fund, haha. I grew up very poorly in fact. And also, I said I was retired which means I am financially comfortable, it does not mean I am rich. I just planned, worked, saved, and now I am set for how I want to live my life. I still have a structured budget and don't live or spend outside of my means, which a lot of people do.

I am not really sure why people have a problem with my situation but to each their own I guess.

I have no problem with your situation. I’m not a class warrior. :).

To save up in 20 years enough to live on for 50 more years is really quite impressive, even if you are living modestly. So kudos to you

Curious what your pre retirement profession was. I save a good bit but my kids and their activities consume a lot of dough.