What's new

It is all on Mitchell

whatthe

Mitchell had his most magical moments with Gobert and Favors on the floor. He has gotten worse and the offensive spacing has only improved. The only difference in the last few years is that Gobert is getting paid

I wouldn't necessarily say Mitchell has gotten worse. In fact, I think it could be argued he's having the best season of his career...he's averaging career highs in FG%, EFG%, TS%, and assists. I think his defense has also improved a bit this season. There are still things he can improve on, especially his play in the clutch, but I don't think it's fair to say he's gotten worse.

I actually think the opposite. His numbers have been great this year and has done okay defensively (when healthy). I actually think I put more heat on Rudy right now. His typical numbers (points / rebs / blocks) have been great all year especially at the beginning, but a lot of his advanced stats which have always shown his true defensive value aren't off the charts like previous years. Still a great season, but I'd say he's taken a slight step back while Mitchell has taken the small step forward.

Those two aren't my issues with the team though, it's been everyone else not playing up to par or gelling well that's been the problem all year as well as Quin not figuring things out as needed.

Mitchell defintely hasnt gotten worse. I just dont think he's that great of a leader. Hell his bestie on the team, Royce, doesnt even have the confidence to take big shots in big moments. I think Mitchell is more of a "give me the ball and get out of my way" type leader.