What's new

It's a good trade in several aspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

eacioban

This trade stands tall among this year's crazy trade deadline.Why you ask? because in an age where players think they are larger-than-life, the Jazz FO came up bigger - and this is the way it should be around the league. I can think only of a handful number of players that might deserve the privilege of controlling the organization: D-Will is not this player, Kobe is. When you have clowns with talents wanting to take their talent somewhere else, this is exactly what you need to do - SHIP THEM AS FAR AND AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE. No player should think he is untouchable. No player should think that he alone makes the calls and decide the team's future. No player should think that he is unreplaceable unless he really is (again, how many players are?)

If More organizations will act like the Jazz, we will have a better league.

Second, we certainly didn't got garbage in return... we got two players that should make us at least as competitive as we were so far. We got a refreshed team that actually stands a chance now to recover the loss of it's old time coach. We have players that are going to follow the new coach and not compete with him. We have a herd following the shepherd and not the loudest sheep... We got a future.

I must say that I'm a D-Will fan. I love his game and I'm truly sad to see him elsewhere.With that being said, I'm a bigger Jazz fan than I'm a D-Will fan. This trade will make us a better team and in the long run, will make D-Will a better person and a player. I think he will learn a lot from this, a very important lesson for life. I also think that this trade allows him a fresh start just in time - he still positively remembered. In a year he would have been surrounded by trade talks and FA carnival - talk about a distraction... basically we saved him from becoming a bigger douche in the image of LeBron, Carmelo, CP3. He might still become one (although I really don't think he will), but at least that won't be our problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.