What's new

It's happening bros...

I don't disagree with this at all, and I think that the trade for Deron ended up pretty well for the Jazz (with the potential to get better or worse based on what they get for Kanter).
Just too bad we have a couple of wasted picks: Kanter and Burke. Just can't afford to go belly up on lottery picks, especially high ones. Gobert takes some of the sting away from missing on Trey, though. In hindsight, how much different would it be had we drafted Knight? Then the Jazz DON'T take Trey and maybe draft Giannis. Or even take Schroder as a potential backup.

Just too bad we have a couple of wasted picks: Kanter and Burke. Just can't afford to go belly up on lottery picks, especially high ones. Gobert takes some of the sting away from missing on Trey, though. In hindsight, how much different would it be had we drafted Knight? Then the Jazz DON'T take Trey and maybe draft Giannis. Or even take Schroder as a potential backup.

Every team can say the same thing. It is part of the game. It's like saying "imagine if all our guards shot 60%". Both free agency and draft routes carry a risk. I don't think the Nets were thrilled about paying Deron an assload of money while being injured for most of that time. There are no guarantees than any deal would work out, and no point in dwelling on it.

DL understands you need a rim protector to be an elite team in the league, KOC didn't. He made the gamble on Gobert, and it looks like its going to pay huge dividends. KOC didn't have the nads to make such a gamble until the window was closed for us. He got Favors, but it was too late...
DL got a little lucky. KOC traded to draft Fesenko and traded for Favors It just turned out that Gobert was more committed to getting better than Fesenko was. Your revisionist history on KOC is a joke at best.

KOC was pretty aggressive in trading up for Deron. KOC did most of his building via free agency and trades (Memo, Boozer, Jefferson, etc.). DL is going young via the draft. Completely different, but both valid approaches: DL's approach just takes longer and has more risk.

DL is also excellent at grabbing waiver/D-league players who become rotation players. Not all stick of course, but Ingles was waived by the Clippers & Millsap was of course in the D-league. Johnson & Williams didn't stick but they both put up good numbers while they were here for the amount of time they had actually played.

Sure seems the Suns would be a great trade partner. We have extras of what each other's needs are.

Several teams is the important part. Could get the asking prize a little higher. Let's see what we'll get.

Okay, first, in reaction to this thread, WOW!!!! I am so freakin' excited now. Secondly, this. IMO, this is as wide open a race as there's ever been for an NBA title so many of the top teams may want a guy like Enes to try to put them over the top.

I'm hoping it's the Wiz as they're the worst of potential contenders (prob not even a real one) and have been sputtering and could use a shot in the arm. Porter and an unprotected 2015 or 2016 1st for Kanter.

If there really is serious interest in Kanter, I think DL takes the plunge and trades him. I just don't see how anyone can really think that Kanter is going to fit in here: he will never be anything but bad on defense and bad passing. And now that he has also shown he is bigheaded problem child, get him out of here. I also don't think you can afford 3 high end bigs, you have to go with two and then fill in with guys like Booker and EVans who are always out there. What we really need is a 3 and D wing.

Just make the move now when you have a pretty darn good idea it will not work long term anyway. Sure, holding him a while longer could get you more value, but maybe not too.

Why would he get a max contract?

Because he's a 22 year old big man who is already capable of putting up 20/10. I think some of you are making the mistake of assuming that NBA GM's are going to value Kanter the same way we value him. Look at the situation with Hayward last year. Here's a guy who put up a 16.2 PER shooting 41% from the field and playing a position with a surplus of talent in the NBA, and he got the max.

When free agency comes, at some point, there will be a team with lots of money left and all the big names off the board who is going to look at Kanter, see the production he has on points/boards and look past the poor defense and passing. The same general situation happens every year and every year fans act shocked at the money being thrown at these guys. No reason to think things will be any different this time around.

Okay, first, in reaction to this thread, WOW!!!! I am so freakin' excited now. Secondly, this. IMO, this is as wide open a race as there's ever been for an NBA title so many of the top teams may want a guy like Enes to try to put them over the top.

I'm hoping it's the Wiz as they're the worst of potential contenders (prob not even a real one) and have been sputtering and could use a shot in the arm. Porter and an unprotected 2015 or 2016 1st for Kanter.

So Philly laughs and hangs up the phone when we ask for Noel, but every other team out there will be falling over themselves to land Kanter to help them win a championship? Porter and an unprotected first? Really? How is Noel worth more than that?

There are so many posters here that will say out one side of their mouths that Kanter is pretty much trash and wouldn't net anything in a trade, but as soon as they have a trade idea, then Kanter will get anything they want.

What a joke.

Because he's a 22 year old big man who is already capable of putting up 20/10. I think some of you are making the mistake of assuming that NBA GM's are going to value Kanter the same way we value him. Look at the situation with Hayward last year. Here's a guy who put up a 16.2 PER shooting 41% from the field and playing a position with a surplus of talent in the NBA, and he got the max.

When free agency comes, at some point, there will be a team with lots of money left and all the big names off the board who is going to look at Kanter, see the production he has on points/boards and look past the poor defense and passing. The same general situation happens every year and every year fans act shocked at the money being thrown at these guys. No reason to think things will be any different this time around.

totally different situations... Look at the teams with max cap space next year and tell me which one will offer him the contract.

G-time can fit on any team... even as bad as he was last year. His downside was super role player. Kanter's downside is guy who can score at a league average efficiency if you force feed him and who never learns to pass or play defense. He also plays at a loaded position whereas Hayward is playing a position that is damn near destitute.