What's new

It's time to trade for Tyrese Haliburton

Chris

I do realize that Indiana values Tyrese Haliburton tremendously (hence why they traded for him) and view him as their franchise cornerstone. But we also have good players to offer, bad salary to absorb, and draft capital to spend. Given his ability as a distributor, three level shooting, defense, youth, and favorable contract situation, I think it's time to spend some of our capital on what I believe to be a sure thing that fits our timeline, and is still on the rise.

Without getting into a million particulars, I think a package of Collin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji, and SEVERAL future first rounders / pick swaps, along with bad salary coming back from Indiana is enough to get it done. Tyrese Haliburton is the kind of guy you pay, which will be taken care of right away.

I don't think we'd have to give up relevant players of our young core outside of Ochai, but the Pacers would get two (at least bubble) starting caliber players and a bunch of assets to continue their rebuild. And maybe Utah re-signs Jordan Clarkson to start at the 2 for a couple of seasons. Would work great with Tyrese, as would the rest of the lineup for many years to come.

PG: Haliburton, George
SG: Clarkson, Sensabaugh
SF: Markkanen, Fontecchio
PF: Collins, Hendricks
C: Kessler, Olynyk, Jones

That's the gist of the team going into the season. And then just fill in the third slotted players at each position with minor trades and the smaller deals we've just agreed to with the young guys. That's a really nice roster going forward with lots of room to develop and the flexibility to continue to grow.

Last edited:
You’re right about Haliburton. I love this guy too. He would be the ideal point guard for the Jazz. But the Pacer won’t trade him because, as you said, “they view him as their franchise cornerstone”.

I do realize that Indiana values Tyrese Haliburton tremendously (hence why they traded for him) and view him as their franchise cornerstone. But we also have good players to offer, bad salary to absorb, and draft capital to spend. Given his ability as a distributor, three level shooting, defense, youth, and favorable contract situation, I think it's time to spend some of our capital on what I believe to be a sure thing that fits our timeline, and is still on the rise.

Without getting into a million particulars, I think a package of Collin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji, and SEVERAL future first rounders / pick swaps, along with bad salary coming back from Indiana is enough to get it done. Tyrese Haliburton is the kind of guy you pay, which will be taken care of right away.

I don't think we'd have to give up relevant players of our young core outside of Ochai, but the Pacers would get two (at least bubble) starting caliber players and a bunch of assets to continue their rebuild. And maybe Utah re-signs Jordan Clarkson to start at the 2 for a couple of seasons. Would work great with Tyrese, as would the rest of the lineup for many years to come.

PG: Haliburton, George
SG: Clarkson, Sensabaugh
SF: Markkanen, Fontecchio
PF: Collins, Hendricks
C: Kessler, Olynyk, Jones

That's the gist of the team going into the season. And then just fill in the third slotted players at each position with minor trades and the smaller deals we've just agreed to with the young guys. That's a really nice roster going forward with lots of room to develop and the flexibility to continue to grow.
it's adorable you think the jazz could get haliburton while keeping lauri and kessler. but i like your optimisim!

He'd be pretty perfect, which is why they'd never trade him unless we offered an unwise return, or he's indicated he won't extend.

Well this is a waste. There is no package the jazz would be willing to offer that would make the pacers say yes.
You should have seen what Trader Danny was willing to give up to draft Justise Winslow. I don't know if any of us knows what "the jazz would be willing to offer."

You should have seen what Trader Danny was willing to give up to draft Justise Winslow. I don't know if any of us knows what "the jazz would be willing to offer."
Uh Haliburton is also kind of injury prone and despite his elite game, is not the kind of dude you throw all the chips in for. He would be a great target in free agency some day though lol