What's new

Game Thread Jan 01, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors

Added to Calendar: 01-01-22

Royce is a mini Covington. A team defender whose individual defense is highly overrated. His greatest value as a defender is switching on to guard multiple positions, but he doesn't really guard any particular position at an elite level.

How come we never talk about trading Royce? Because we don't want to upset DM? This is why we need Ainge. **** DM's feelings.

Conley with a few smart possessions, Clarkson came through in his own way but there is no rhythm to it and it's not happening as a team.

The perimeter defense is as ****** as it gets.

The scrubs have to be saying to Quin at half "We aren't as bad as those clowns you have playing," Totally embarassing. As bad as DedEx, Jeff Green and Ed Davis poor.

Royce is a mini Covington. A team defender whose individual defense is highly overrated. His greatest value as a defender is switching on to guard multiple positions, but he doesn't really guard any particular position at an elite level.
I'd rather have Covington tbh. Royce has always been overrated in my opinion. As well having an undersized Royce, Conley, and Mitchell in your starting lineup isn't a good idea.

Getting our defense ( or lack thereof) exposed on nearly every possession. I'd really like to see what Kerr could do coaching the Jazz. No way the d would be this bad.

Getting our defense ( or lack thereof) exposed on nearly every possession. I'd really like to see what Kerr could do coaching the Jazz. No way the d would be this bad.
It’s so bad… just turnstiles… Royce has been one of the worst. We have issues.

3 problems
  • Bad case of nerves
  • Shots aren't falling
  • GS getting whatever they want offensively

two of the three can presumably improve, if not in this game (fatigue will make it hard), but the final one probably won't (and it's not a problem one addition will fix)

Did you see that slow-mo replay of Bogey with his arms up when he made that shot? He was saying "praise the almighty LogGrad98". True story.

And all this with draymond green out
Yeah but we’re missing Whiteside and Paschall. Plus they’ve had two weeks rest and this is our second game of a double header today.