What's new

Game Thread Jan 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at Spurs

Added to Calendar: 01-03-21

Who was the dude playing point at the end of the game? I think he might have been #8? (Hard to tell on my phone screen while I was busy doing other stuff at the same time). I was impressed by whoever that dude was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Really good all around effort tonight. Turns out that this team is pretty good if Bogey and Mitchell don't play like trash. It was nice to see the end of roster guys get some time even though they got squashed pretty badly.

I think Oni and Shaq showed that they could really bring a spark if they were getting 10-15 mpg. And against good competition.

Mitchell thinks he's better than he really is. Lots of lazy plays he just assumes that will work.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tempted to agree. He's had way too many lapses in judgment. Or maybe he's trying to play loose to facilitate his PG skills. Crazy to think as good as he is at times that he could add a lot to his game still.

Fun game. We are a dangerous team when no one has a terrible game.

That was Shaq-daddy.
He's a do **** guy... he definitely doesn't go unnoticed on the court. Block was fun... got a deflection... don't expect him to run many pick and rolls for us but showed the midrange drive game there.

He's a do **** guy... he definitely doesn't go unnoticed on the court. Block was fun... got a deflection... don't expect him to run many pick and rolls for us but showed the midrange drive game there.
Yeah, and I think if you have someone for 10-15 minutes, you really need them to be a do **** guy, especially as our top 8 doesn't have enough do **** guys as it is. I'd liken our current #9 man to the Jarron Collins plug-in decision. Collins was always justified for his roster spot because he "was a guy who could come in and not make mistakes." But the was opportunity cost there. I'm not sure how valuable "not making mistakes" really was with Collins. Seriously. If you go look up his per 36 numbers and then pretended he was putting those up in 24 minutes, they'd still leave a lot to be desired.

He's kind of like the defensive version of JC. You maybe don't make JC your go-to guy, but he's your guy that you throw in and immediately makes an impact. I think we need more of that and we have to get him some minutes. We can start with Niang's. I think he could take a few of Royce's minutes as I think he should be closer to the 28 than the 32.

Yeah, and I think if you have someone for 10-15 minutes, you really need them to be a do **** guy, especially as our top 8 doesn't have enough do **** guys as it is. I'd liken our current #9 man to the Jarron Collins plug-in decision. Collins was always justified for his roster spot because he "was a guy who could come in and not make mistakes." But the was opportunity cost there. I'm not sure how valuable "not making mistakes" really was with Collins. Seriously. If you go look up his per 36 numbers and then pretended he was putting those up in 24 minutes, they'd still leave a lot to be desired.

He's kind of like the defensive version of JC. You maybe don't make JC your go-to guy, but he's your guy that you throw in and immediately makes an impact. I think we need more of that and we have to get him some minutes. We can start with Niang's. I think he could take a few of Royce's minutes as I think he should be closer to the 28 than the 32.
Its easier to come in and hustle and get deflections than it is to come in and shoot off the bench. I just think either Shaq or Oni have an opportunity to impact a game in 10 minutes that Niang won't. If Georges was hitting his threes then a couple threes here and there would also impact a game... but he is clearly struggling with that and its understandable.... its hard to do. He struggled with his shot in the bubble too.

In any one individual game it doesn't matter much who gets the leftover minutes... at the end of the season throwing Oni or Shaq into the fire because of injury or because you need something specific that Georges doesn't bring is a problem. Get them the reps they need now so Quin can trust them later.